SuperMoto Junkie banner
241 - 260 of 280 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I appreciate it you guys, went ahead and ordered in a set of the core moto ones posted.
There the best SS lines ive ever ran so far and ive used a number of brands. Well worth the money and the fact that the ends can be twisted if need be is an awesome feature noone else has.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Crash,
How do you like the FI wr compared to the 07-11? I'm trying to decide if it's worth saving up for an FI bike or just continue modding my 09.

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #245 ·
Crash,
How do you like the FI wr compared to the 07-11? I'm trying to decide if it's worth saving up for an FI bike or just continue modding my 09.
The FI is nothing short of amazing. I'd say that it's definitely worth it but then again there's nothing wrong with a perfectly set up 09.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi crash279, my 2012 previous rear tire was racetec k2 165/55 r17 for track use with tire rub issue, I replaced for on road use with 150/60 battlax and got worst clearance and will definitely rub tire easier. See pic. Btw , i use 5' rim

·
Registered
84 Posts
Since am very excited to try my new 2012 wr450f supermoto but I got several issues, upon reading all the comments I shall do several listed below to enjoy it:
1. Tire issue: I shall replace my 5' rim to 4.25' with 150/60 with no need off setting and chain block.
2. Glowing header: I shall purchase asap gytr tuner to replace map ( I'll try modified or fmf though am just using stock pipe with no buffleheads just modified pipe).
3. Do or remove top snorkel after remapping since current is lean set up.
But since it will take at least 45days to deliver here at Asia I hope I can ride my supermoto without any damage in engine since its lean.
4. Replace rear sprocket from 47 to 42.
5. Replace ecu and replace trottle stop bolt.
Thanks crash279 for a great set up and to those who share their ideas.
Lastly, I wanna ride every weekend, can I ride it in lean map? Hope yes and will fine.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
the tuner only changes mapping for off idle, its an idle circuit issue in stock form, only a Yamaha tool can change the co so its not so lean on idle. ive been riding mine since new without any issue with the co being set to factory spec. 4.25 tire will work much better than the 5.0.

·
Registered
84 Posts
the tuner only changes mapping for off idle, its an idle circuit issue in stock form, only a Yamaha tool can change the co so its not so lean on idle. ive been riding mine since new without any issue with the co being set to factory spec. 4.25 tire will work much better than the 5.0.
Thanks just worried about the header , it easily glow to red but easily get cold once you turn it off. Before I forgot , my first priority is to replace my primary driven since the free play already exceed, you will notice the engine noise but once clutch is pull it dis appear. I thought everything is normal noise from same feedback of some owners but I guess it's not.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I might have to try that YZ85 fender, looks pretty good. Should it bolt up to my 05 YZ250F lower triple?

241 - 260 of 280 Posts