SuperMoto Junkie banner
221 - 240 of 280 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Holy s***! I'm gonna sell my HD and build one like that. Since we are so close, I won't rip off your ideas completely, but I will use a lot of your tech tips.

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #222 ·
Holy s***! I'm gonna sell my HD and build one like that. Since we are so close, I won't rip off your ideas completely, but I will use a lot of your tech tips.
Feel free to copy this build. I post my builds for people to utilize the things that work...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Love seeing your work dude hey being as your the wr god I have a question, I have a 400 , which I plan on putting 05 450 tank etc on , but could I possibly get 10 plate rear panels on to a 450 subframe ? Or something newer any way any info you throw my way will be greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #226 ·
Love seeing your work dude hey being as your the wr god I have a question, I have a 400 , which I plan on putting 05 450 tank etc on , but could I possibly get 10 plate rear panels on to a 450 subframe ? Or something newer any way any info you throw my way will be greatly appreciated :)
I don't think that it would be very feasible due to the different seat and rear fender profiles. You can update the 07-11 with the 12 to current plastics, but the steel frame bikes are different.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Very Nice indeed. What I just notice with this category bike they do not have piston pin bearing...
And if your bike had a poor lubrication it will definitely make your piston pin and con rod to make friction.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Very Nice indeed. What I just notice with this category bike they do not have piston pin bearing...
And if your bike had a poor lubrication it will definitely make your piston pin and con rod to make friction.
Its not uncommon for any motorcycle or ATV to not have a wrist pin bearing. It doesn't matter if you have a bearing or not, a lack of oil will cause issues on every part of the engine.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well I was just surprise and would love to know why it was design no pin bearing while all 4cylinder and small like 125cc , down to 50cc has. Just curious and what would really the reason. Generally, with roll bearing can prevent early and avoid metal to metal contact of pin and con rod, and since its a roller bearing means can easily roll. It might be the engineers of the machine can tell.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Well I was just surprise and would love to know why it was design no pin bearing while all 4cylinder and small like 125cc , down to 50cc has. Just curious and what would really the reason. Generally, with roll bearing can prevent early and avoid metal to metal contact of pin and con rod, and since its a roller bearing means can easily roll. It might be the engineers of the machine can tell.
I did a little double checking... It appears having a wrist pin bearing is a 2 stroke thing due to not having a pressurized oiling system. I have looked at multiple schematics from 50's through r1's and don't see any modern four stokes with a wrist pin bearing. With the tolerances in a modern engine a machined wrist pin is more efficient than a roller bearing. Its not like its metal on metal grinding, you have oil in between the two metal surfaces.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I did a little double checking... It appears having a wrist pin bearing is a 2 stroke thing due to not having a pressurized oiling system. I have looked at multiple schematics from 50's through r1's and don't see any modern four stokes with a wrist pin bearing. With the tolerances in a modern engine a machined wrist pin is more efficient than a roller bearing. Its not like its metal on metal grinding, you have oil in between the two metal surfaces.
Yes ive seen several finch of latest model they do not have piston pin bearing might as well the oil lubrication is very good that no need for a pin bearing.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Everywhere I try to find a 2012+ steel braided brake line setup seems to have no options or only a rear listed. Is the 07-11 interchangeable between the two? Just wondering if anyone knows for sure. Thanks

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Everywhere I try to find a 2012+ steel braided brake line setup seems to have no options or only a rear listed. Is the 07-11 interchangeable between the two? Just wondering if anyone knows for sure. Thanks
Try these -

http://www.brake-lines.co.uk/custom-hoses/

Fantastic service and loads of options. They post worldwide too. I've used them a couple of times and it's been a great experience.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I have a complete set from Core Moto on my 13 and they only list up to 11 on their site and mine fit perfect so im assuming no different. Cant remember if i talked to anyone when i ordered them and told them they were for a 12+ or if i just did it online, either way they fit fine.

http://www.coremoto.com/category_s/3915.htm

·
Registered
221 Posts
Try these -

http://www.brake-lines.co.uk/custom-hoses/

Fantastic service and loads of options. They post worldwide too. I've used them a couple of times and it's been a great experience.
I have a complete set from Core Moto on my 13 and they only list up to 11 on their site and mine fit perfect so im assuming no different. Cant remember if i talked to anyone when i ordered them and told them they were for a 12+ or if i just did it online, either way they fit fine.

http://www.coremoto.com/category_s/3915.htm
The brake line is the same from 07-current WR and 06-current YZ.
I appreciate it you guys, went ahead and ordered in a set of the core moto ones posted.

221 - 240 of 280 Posts