SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 20 of 280 Posts

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The time has come...time to get with the times and see what this fuel injected dirt bike is all about :anim_peep:

This was my wife's idea...but either way I ended up with a brand new 2014 WR450! This is the first dirt bike that I've ever bought brand new, feels kinda weird actually. I have a lot of the necessary parts, but still waiting on the mailman for the rest. Eventually I'll get some Rad Mfg. 17's, but for now I will get this thing roadworthy.

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
Crash and a wr450??? Nooo who woulda thunk it lol. Congratz. Im jeally i love that bike.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Nice, i want one so bad to stunt but even with the step seat my 250x is as tall a bike i could possibly be able to ride. Sux bein short legged at times lol. Someday i'll take the plunge anyways n figure out something for seat to chop it down but think i have no chance with dirt wheels on one.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Thou shall not covet thy neighbor's motorcycle. Well there's another commandment broken, just add it to my tab I guess.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Nice, i want one so bad to stunt but even with the step seat my 250x is as tall a bike i could possibly be able to ride. Sux bein short legged at times lol. Someday i'll take the plunge anyways n figure out something for seat to chop it down but think i have no chance with dirt wheels on one.
I feel your pain. I'm rocking a 29" inseam and cuss how tall this thing at every stop light and slow maneuvers. Luckily I weigh enough to sag the suspension.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I feel your pain. I'm rocking a 29" inseam and cuss how tall this thing at every stop light and slow maneuvers. Luckily I weigh enough to sag the suspension.
29" shit you got 3" over me n im only 155lbs so not much sag especially with my eibach 600lb spring in my 250x. Started on a ninja 250 when i was 16 n lucky to touch very tips of toes on both feet at once, pretty much same way with every bike ive ever had tho cuz i wont lower anything.

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wait are you doing just a street build like your 09 dual sport or are you doing the full supermoto?
Well, my supermoto sold so it'll be a supermoto build. I'll be getting some Rad Mfg. wheels for this one...don't tell the wife :anim_peep:

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Subscribed. Can't believe I missed this. Digging the graphics!
I can't wait to get started on it!

Brembo front brake I hope hehe
Unfortunately Brembo would be one of my last choices. However, we're handing out this year's shirts at today's ride and mine has "Brembos 4 life" printed on the back lol. For some reason everybody finds tons of humor in Brembos now.

1 - 20 of 280 Posts