SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CR85 Mini Road-Racer Project / Parts

Hey everyone,

I bought this 2003 CR85 from Knightrider a few years back and did 2 years of mini-moto at Sandy Hook Mini GP. The bike is an absolute blast, so much fun to ride.

Here's the original post:

http://supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?108231-2003-Honda-CR85-Mini-Road-Racer-NY&highlight=cr85

Unfortunately after 2 years it popped the head gasket, I replaced it but it popped again after a few more races (the head had some pitting on it, I think I could have cleaned it better when I put the new gasket on). Since then it's just sat as my interests have gone elsewhere, so I'm looking to sell it or part it out if there is no interest.

The bad:
Not running, likely because of a shoddy headgasket replacement by yours truly
One of the forks weeps a bit of oil
Water pump bolt is leaking? You can see in the picture water spilled out
Previous owner's listing mentioned a broken exhaust flange bolt but I never noticed it

The good:
Easy fix(es)
Bunch of parts included
Priced to sell!

Parts included:
-extra clutch case cover
-nearly complete gasket set (only used exhaust flange gasket)
-2 Honda carb gaskets
-extra used exhaust flange
-stock reed valve
-Cylinder, head and piston off of a 2006 CR85. Honda changed the cylinders in '06.
They have much better porting and use a different exhaust mount.
The cylinder will probably need to be replated as it has some seizing marks. I dont think they are deep enough to warrant an over bore.
I'll send along the piston so one can see all the damage.
To use this you will also need an '06 and up pipe.
-Old seat (see previous listing)

Any questions, just ask!

List Date: 6/29/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: CR85 Mini Road-Racer Project / Parts
--------------------------------------
This item is no longer available.

--------------------------------------

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you find a way to ship it I would be open to sharing some of the costs!

Also, to those asking - I'm not interested in parting it out myself; the title is intended to mean it should be purchased as a project or as a "parts bike". If I do go that route I will update the listing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you find a way to ship it I would be open to sharing some of the costs!

Also, to those asking - I'm not interested in parting it out myself; the title is intended to mean it should be purchased as a project or as a "parts bike". If I do go that route I will update the listing.
Still available? Hit me at [email protected] please if it is.

Pags

1 - 13 of 13 Posts