SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for those of you who have had experience with CR500's...are there any known issues?

besides the fact that it's probably going to be a pain in the ass to kick start, is there anything i should be worried about? just motor wise, chassis is not a concern.

cheers!

·
Registered
623 Posts
2001 CR500 Street Legal Enduro here (bought it new in 2000)

No issues here and not hard to start at all (I just pull the choke, cycle through a couple times real slow to get some air in the cylinder and it usually fires right up first kick).

I have found that by turning the petcock off between rides makes it harder to start so I just leave mine in the ON position all the time.

Getting ready to SUMO mine as soon as I get the $$$ for the wheels/tires that I want.

This bike ROCKS!

·
Registered
623 Posts
I forgot to mention that you need to use blue loctite on all the little bolts for the radiator shrouds/seat/plastics etc.. or the vibrations will make the bolts loosen up and they can fall out. No big deal though.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2001 CR500 Street Legal Enduro here (bought it new in 2000)

No issues here and not hard to start at all (I just pull the choke, cycle through a couple times real slow to get some air in the cylinder and it usually fires right up first kick).

I have found that by turning the petcock off between rides makes it harder to start so I just leave mine in the ON position all the time.

Getting ready to SUMO mine as soon as I get the $$$ for the wheels/tires that I want.

This bike ROCKS!
how about if you only weight about 120lbs?

good to hear!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts