SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i know 89 250 forks are a direct swap, i test fitted the yokes and im good to go, still looking for the right legs so i can finish the swap...

BUT what about the wheel,axle, spacers, and caliper mount...???

i just ponied up for a ebc rotor and caliper bracket for my 650L, loving a big brake but now the front end flexes like rubber under hard hard braking... im just tired of the head shake, flex and refuse to pay top dollar for a suspension rebuild... the pig is such a blast, and being that the 683 hasnt blown up yet, its a keeper...

from what little info ive been able to source, it seems that the brackets holding the caliper differ, the calipers are the same but the fork leg has different bolt spacing? anyone have photos, anyone have some better info?

and if so, does anyone know a company who make an adapter bracket to run the stock caliper with a 320 rotor for cr250 forks?... or even better, a 4 piston conversion... i rode my buds 610 and that brake is amazing... would LOVE to have a setup like that..

thanks for the help all

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
The 1989 CR forks valving sucked. Little compression valving and would bottom from hitting a candy bar wrapper. It was the worst year of Honda USD forks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was reading up that they were considered the best!... ha.. well regardless, i was trying for a bolt on swap, newer legs require way too much work to retrofit... plus, a new hub and brake..

i can do the rework on the valves myself and stiffen whatever is needed, but, theres no way im gonna spend 400+ on a new front wheel and caliper

so to my original question, will the x hub and spacers fit the forks, and what do i do about the caliper??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts