SuperMoto Junkie banner

Cr250 supermoto help

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  kowalski340 
#1 ·
CR250 sumo riders i need your input i have a 02 CR250 that i havent riden in close to 2yrs but i cant bring myself to sell it and i really like riden the supermotos and i have been thinkin about turning it into a supermoto. But im not sure if i would be happy with the 250 two stroke or would i be better off getting a 450 and how the two compare so if you guys could give me some input on how the 250 is on the road? Im looking to do a bike to do short rides wheelies and stoppies and all that fun bad stuff :lol:

#3 ·
I have a street plated 99 cr250sm I am running a complete KTM SMR front end and 16.5 front rim and 17x5 rear. The bike is a blast! It will teach you how to maintain higher corner speed on the track and you will learn better throttle control hahaha! The really great part of the bike is that it is about 30 lbs lighter (and almost equal power) than a crf450r. I have pics of the bike in the two stroke tard photo thread. let me know if you need any help or advice.:thumbup:

#5 ·
I am running a 16.5x3.5 front no issues (im running KTM forks but it will be fine with stock cr forks) rear is a 5x17 with a 160. you must offset the rear and you will have minor rub but it works fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.