SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a set of road wheels so i can have a go at supermoto what will be the best wheels to get? Its a cr250 with a 265 big bore on it ( 96 model ) with a 2000 engine in

·
Registered
128 Posts
sticking with honda wheels is normally your best bet.

Id try CBR250R and CBR250R wheels (you guys have them in the USA yeah?)
or similar honda 250-400cc sportbike

otherwise if you want some really nice looking wheels get a set of a late model aprilia RS125 with the blue y spoke wheels (identical looking to OZ Aprilia wheels)

both with obviously need spacers/sleaves made up

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
I have a set of Excel wheels (Excel hoops/Excel pro hubs/SS HD spokes) that fit my 02 CR 250...they also fit all the CRF 450/450 models. I will be parting with them, pm if interested..

-Craig

·
Registered
128 Posts
check your axle sizes first but it should fit OK with some spacers on the sides and if the axle sizes differ it would just be a matter of getting bearings with different ID's or making a sleeve

a quick google search will give you wheel bearing sizes for the RS125 aprilia.
I beleive the RS125 axle may be the same as the CR85.

this is quoted from another site, bearing sizes, should be correct but do confirm before spending any money.
front 20mm id, 42mm od. rear 20mm id, 47mm od

hope that helps.

and Im currently putting similar wheels from a cagiva mito into my CRM250 (UK, Japan, Aus Urban-Enduro version of CR), should fit
perfectly.

PS: not wanting to dumb it down to much as your quiet posibly a bright person, the ID measurements need to match your axle size :)
then you just need to alight the wheel and chain with spacers, sort out front brakes (better off using the RS125 disc and then making an apater for your caliper)

its not a 2 second job, but once done properly will be worth it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
looks like it will fit buddy

cr250 axle is 20mm
RS125 bearing ID = 20mm

heres an RS125 wheel on my one of my long term projects, its running a 320mm ducati EBC prolite disc

I reckon they look pretty horn!

also, if youve got deeper pockets you can run an RS125 rear wheel (cast) and a forged OZ front wheel (from an RSV1000 factory) to save a little more weight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts