SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have seen a acerbis 6.6 gallon gas tank for a wr450f i want to put one on my bike but it says 2003-2006 my bike is a 2008 wr450f till this tank fit in my bike or not i want to buy one my old friend i used to ride with has a 2008 wr450f and he has this tank on his 2008 so i wondering if it would fit my bike or not

and another question i have could you put a 6 speed trans in a wr450f or not i have not seen it done but it might can be

·
Registered
8 Posts
Im not gona be much help but id ask the manafacturer if it would fit, and the aniversarry edition wr450 came with a 6 speed factory so it must be possible

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Im not gona be much help but id ask the manafacturer if it would fit, and the aniversarry edition wr450 came with a 6 speed factory so it must be possible
I'd never heard of that, source?

·
Registered
71 Posts
In reference to the tank, a 03-06 steel framed WR tank will NOT fit an aluminum framed 08 WR.

About the transmission, no one has managed to successfully install a 6 speed transmission into a 5 valve WR400/426/450. So far, your only options is to change the sprockets to adjust your rpm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts