SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?117518-Need-quick-answers-guys <-- same thread

Dude - starting multiple threads isn't going to help.

You asking for somebody else to disassemble their 250x and trace a tube because you screwed up making a modification might not happen right away.

I get that you're frustrated, but double posting about it isn't going to get you answers that much faster.

Try to be patient.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just left that on there and pluged the end with a screw... no need to bust you're balls over it
Hi and thanx, did the same thing on my bike. Plugged both of them same way, with the screw and bike still dies soon after starting + engine light is on. Light doesn't bother me at all, but choking and dying does. I know it's nothing really bad happening with bike, but it needs to be fi fixed.
Thanx again

·
Registered
404 Posts
Ok Skippy, let this be a lesson to you. Measure twice, cut once. I tore my bike apart because you were in a rush. :rolleyes2:

The top hose goes here:

This is where the hose hook up on the TB:

Next time, please take your time when you do something, and don't create a duplicate thread because YOU screwed up.

I don't even know why I tore it apart, but I hope you appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Cuban11182 .........:clap::clap::clap:

I think he owes you a case of beer. :bowdown:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Unbelievable, out of all people this guy is from Tampa.
He he, I was on Davis Island few days ago. Those little streets are perfect for our bikes, also South Tampa.
Sure man, you can ride my bike.
Let me fix it first and no problem:lol:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Well I'm stationed on the Coast Guard base, so I don't want to $hit where I eat, if you catch my drift. But I'll haul my ass up there one of these weekends.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I understand, if you got time let me know
well I just connected AIS again and still same problem, so AIS was not it.
From your pics it seems that rubber hose I am looking for is connected to the part close to air box, next to silver round piece, correct?
your pics are blurry so I got hard time to see exactly

·
Registered
404 Posts
Negative, under the cross brace where the rear portion if the tank connects is a black sensor/connection. It plugs into that. You have to look under the metal plate.g.

It is not part of the ais, because mine has been removed for a while now. It has to be some sort of flow or vacuum switch/sensor.

If you look at my second picture you can see two holes in the brace. The left hole you can see the switch.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know it"s not part of the AIS, and you said it is under the fuel tank, under some kind of metal plate? is it right next to ECU ,left side of bike, secured with one screw to the side?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
also, why would I have engine light on ? read many posts about removing this stuff bu never seen any about problem like mine.
on deceleration it has popping sound all the time, didn't have it like that before.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I believe I found the problem, my bike could be too lean now.
Different people have different problems with these bikes.
As I thought I did the work right from the beginning, I didn't delete nothing form the engine that didn't have to be.
Next step should be FMF Programmer or PCV maybe.
Just have to find how to delete check engine light.
Bike runs OK, but opening throttle quickly creates a problem, sometimes it works and sometimes it chokes and bike shuts off.
When starting the bike, first few seconds runs and sounds exactly as before the modifications, then sound dampens a bit but bike stays on.
I will ride it tomorrow and see the results.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I believe I found the problem, my bike could be too lean now.
Different people have different problems with these bikes.
As I thought I did the work right from the beginning, I didn't delete nothing form the engine that didn't have to be.
Next step should be FMF Programmer or PCV maybe.
Just have to find how to delete check engine light.
Bike runs OK, but opening throttle quickly creates a problem, sometimes it works and sometimes it chokes and bike shuts off.
When starting the bike, first few seconds runs and sounds exactly as before the modifications, then sound dampens a bit but bike stays on.
I will ride it tomorrow and see the results.

Done properly the flapper mod and the AIS removal mod does not throw a code or a "check engine" light.

I also highly doubt you're running THAT lean as to have your bike run so poorly.
Many people have run the wr250x with no efi programmers and not had your problems.

You have something wrong somewhere, and based on what you've posted to date I've no doubt you just haven't fixed the mistake yet.

You say you still have stock exhaust. Is that correct?

In fact, absolutely everything on your wr250x is stock except you've tampered with the flapper and AIS system. Correct?

Please take some pictures of the things you've removed from bike.
All the parts regarding the flapper mod and anything left over from the AIS mod.

Also, take a picture of what things look like under your seat.

Is it pretty clean and looking like this:

Any pictures you can take and post might be a big help.

I seriously doubt throwing an efi programmer into the mix is going to solve anything at this point.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Nice, thanx a lot
I have 14 showing on my dash
Intake air pressure sensor(pipe system)
malfunction, clogged or detached hose.
Hmmm, how to find that now damn it
Maybe it's located under the fuel tank, will try and fid

1 - 20 of 43 Posts