·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean tard.

07 XR650R $5200
wheels, tires, ebc brake, chain, sprocket, back rotor $1800
baja designs street kit $500

$7500, ouch! I never really looked at firm prices before I did it, but it has been worth it. The nice thing about converting a dirt bike is you have your spare dirt wheels/tires in that cost, so you can use the bike for on and off road action.

It does make me a little sad to seem I could have gotten an already street legal KTM or Husqvarna for the same cost with better suspension and better brakes. It would have cost much more in the end though if I would have bought dirt wheels and tires though.

·
Registered
84 Posts
congrats on maybe the best street tard out there. I have one and think with stiffer suspension it doesn't have anything to fear from any of the factory tards. even running a gear high, 450's won't be able to pull you on a track. What gearing are you running?

·
Registered
239 Posts
$7500, ouch! I never really looked at firm prices before I did it, but it has been worth it.
Yeah I know what you mean. I street converted my wifes TTR230 last year (no sumo wheels just DOT tires) and was shocked at how quickly that little project emptied my wallet. Glad your happy with the XR though. IMHO the money isn't the most important thing as long you enjoy what you spent it on... :bike:

·
Registered
978 Posts
It's only expensive because you're doing it wrong! lol
I bought my 426 for $1800, then spent about $800 total for sprockets, brakes, stator, lights, wheels.... Tires I had so it was no biggy. Alas, you probably have a bike full of billet this and thats...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Since your wanting to build a "street turd" you might consider selling the 650 and buying a moped!:D

Good luck with the build, I'll be watching this thread as I'm also interested in building from a XR650R.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
try this:
CR500: 2600 (this includes me driving across the country and back to get it)
Wheels: 1000 ( used front, new rear)
Misc pieces: 66 (some badass cool guy on here hooked me up.. includes sprockets. and plastics)
tires: 220
brake light 50
headlight 100
lighting coil 40 (worthless, i know)
switchgear: free (had it sitting around from a previous project
mirror: 3 (best barend mirror out there too)

street 'legal' CR500 -- $4079

i dont think i did too bad.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I would like to convert my 125 over to motard, cheap on gas, etc etc. So it good to see these figures, but in ontario, you cannot do this any longer, but we got some people working on changing it over, just wondering if it will include 2 strokes.

·
Registered
176 Posts
01 XR650R - $2500
Gas to Michigan + Speeding ticket - $300
wheels, sprockets, brakes, fender - $1300

= $4100, not too bad, but I just snapped the chain adjuster bolt in the swingarm, so who knows how much that will be....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts