SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First I understand we all run street bikes and when I win the lottery :lol: or find some corporate sponsorship this track will have asphault layed down around it. :thumbup: For now I have grass & dirt(not loose dirt).

I want to get the word out and see if I can get some interest. My 2 aunts and I own 35acres that is farmed each year by the Amish peoples, but I'm currently dragging a trail/track around the perimeter. I eventually would like to have a asphalt road course.

This will be a highspeed track with a few natural elevation changes(no motorcross jumps) and 2 areas were you will be air-bourne if taken at race speeds. Think of this like a Road Rally or TT Isle of the Man type deal minus the asphault. I will have 200 6ft fiberglass bicycle safety flags lining the inside and outside lines of the track. I will have these pulled away from the outside perimeter some, but if you run seriousley-wide you'll need to dump the bike, because in some areas after leaving the track you'll have woods=trees(big & small), and/or fencing. :hmmm: Slam on the rear brake and go down would be your best option if you run crazy-wide.

I have a mini-tard and dirt bike, both YZ85's. I took the dirt bike and ran around this trail and it was awesome and super fast. I will take some digi-photos soon. I can't get this google earth map I made to upload. Let me know what you think. Any flat-track rally blood inya?:bannana:

This track is flat enough for any age rider and fast enough to enjoy any bike from a pewee 50 to a bad-arse 450.

This event will not be limited to just bikes(no cars/trucks). Quads would enjoy this too. Let me know what your thinking, and like I said, as soon as I can find a way to lay down asphalt I will.

Thanks Adam
Link to other forum where a pic was posted. I will eventually have some digi-pics and video. http://www.cycleforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1361082670

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Sounds like a RIOT.

We used to ride a bunch on a natural terrain track 1.25 miles long! Loads of fun and a great training aid for anyone.

Hope u have some cool people turn up to ride:thumbup:

MotoGP was not built in a day:popcorn:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. FYI- This first event I put together given I can gauge some interest/turn-out, will be pay your insurance only.

The only thing you pay is your own insurance cost. \

Limited camping spots(est.20 spots/no amenities period, except a portapot) and those will be $20 bucks a spot for the weekend. I have to pay somebody to help me clean up afterwards.

As soon as I get it set-up I will post nice pics & a ride around video after the new year. :thumbup:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I live in Louisville but my land is 55mins south of here in Hardyville, KY.

Also remember even if you run Motard only, you could slap on some cheap nobbies or dual-sport tires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts