SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm a dirt guy that wants to go to the street. Right now i have a YZ 125 race bike that I'm trying to sell. I want to get a YZF 426 or something similar. I know about how much it will cost for every thing to do it except how to get power to lights and what not. So what do i need to get to power everything? I'm not much of a electrical guy either, so how hard is this to do? Thanks

·
Registered
978 Posts
For electrical but your headlight, taillight, a moose wiring harnes kit, and a moose stator. It's all super self explanatory and you'll be set there. For the wheels just order the rims and spokes and lace them to your stock hubs. Throw a big brake rotor on the front and you are set. It can be done pretty inexpensively

·
Registered
280 Posts
If you're converting it for the street i'd find out what is legally necessary. It varies state to state. I'm also in the process of building up a 2002 426, i'm going to add 2 teeth to the rear sprocket to get a little more top end speed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks, that was what i was looking for.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm going to look into our laws, becuase right now i just want to get it on the road. I will worry about all the other stuff once i get that done. Thanks

·
Registered
954 Posts
As far as the electrical goes, here's a write up I did when I converted a 99 YZ400...
http://supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=21510

As far as getting it on the road, take a look at THIS THREAD, it really really long, but try a search for Michigan, and it might narrow down your reading a bit. I've heard MI was fairly easy...

Worst case scenario, you can send your title off to this title company in Texas (Tuesdee Knight's Auto Titles), it's expensive as hell, but you'll get back a clean texas title in your name, with no off road only use on it!

What ever you get, make sure you get an MSO with it...without that you'll have a VERY difficult time getting a tag for it...

Good Luck

·
Registered
232 Posts
If you're converting it for the street i'd find out what is legally necessary. It varies state to state. I'm also in the process of building up a 2002 426, i'm going to add 2 teeth to the rear sprocket to get a little more top end speed.
Adding teeth won't give you more top end speed. Dropping teeth will give you more top end speed, but less power. That is why us stunt riders run large rear sprockets. To get more power. Just wanted to give ya a heads up.
-Jay Gross :thumbup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As far as the electrical goes, here's a write up I did when I converted a 99 YZ400...
http://supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=21510

As far as getting it on the road, take a look at THIS THREAD, it really really long, but try a search for Michigan, and it might narrow down your reading a bit. I've heard MI was fairly easy...

Worst case scenario, you can send your title off to this title company in Texas (Tuesdee Knight's Auto Titles), it's expensive as hell, but you'll get back a clean texas title in your name, with no off road only use on it!

What ever you get, make sure you get an MSO with it...without that you'll have a VERY difficult time getting a tag for it...

Good Luck
Sweet those threads will help alot. Thanks for all the time you put into them

·
Registered
280 Posts
Adding teeth won't give you more top end speed. Dropping teeth will give you more top end speed, but less power. That is why us stunt riders run large rear sprockets. To get more power. Just wanted to give ya a heads up.
-Jay Gross :thumbup:
Haha duh.. too early in the morning for me. When i get my bike in order for the street i'm going to make a big thread for it so any other Texas riders know exactly what to do. One more bike is being rebuilt, then 426 time

1 - 11 of 11 Posts