SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm new to supermoto junkie but not new to bikes. I've rode all my life and I have really enjoyed reading posts. If someone more experienced with tech questions can help me out that'd be great. So I have mostly been riding on DRZ. But over the weekend I bought a 2001 yz426f to strictly convert to street legal. I've had a yz400 and loved it on the trail and want to take it to the road, well I got an excellent deal on this 426. With that being said, I've titled it and such but now its time to get it street ready. I have looked on baja designs and found a kit however it says that it requires an after market stator which I am not sure what exactly to do. I know I need the same 2001 wr426f stator, but I am not sure if I need the wr cdi box as well. And I also don't know of a place to purchase these parts and how to correctly install them with the baja designs kit. I have been looking through threads and have found some info but I would really like the information first hand strictly to my situation. Any help from all those experienced would be greatly appreciated! Until then I will be searching threads trying to find out exactly how, but thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
*update*

Just as an update of my progress. I went through baja designs and added up the cost for everything including the after market stator and it was going to be $900 with tax an all. So then I decided to just transfer the title in my name and work as I go. Well when I am at the dmv, she asks if I want the tag that day too, and I said well yeah (of course who wouldn't want a tag). So she said all I need is proof of insurance, and I told her I thought it had to be inspected and she said not if It is an out of state title, which is was. So now I have a title and tag, so now I guess the question is, how legal do I want to make it to just get by in case I get pulled over. Any suggestions? I know the yz426 stator/coil isn't powerful enough to run turn signals and all lights and speedo, so the wr stator I can use but its $450 for the stator and flywheel. I just want a speedo, tailight, and headlight may be a horn. But the Baja designs kit is $433.36 which I think is totally expensive considering my bike stock cannot even power the kit. But I guess the hardest part is over, I have the Tag!

Here's a picture. It has a lot of mods. Over size gas tank, hot cams, etc. It even has an tachometer, which I have no clue how it is wired.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8llq0js9pne6ld3/photo may 11, 5 59 38 pm.jpg?dl=0

1 - 2 of 2 Posts