SuperMoto Junkie banner

CONTINTENAL TXC80 Knobbies

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  chubbynuts 
#1 ·
Hey guys, my name is Stefan and i'm new to the forum. I just bought a bone-stock klx-250sf and am fitting her with new knobbies for off-loading.
I went with Continental TXC80 140/80 -18's on the rear (130/70-17) and TXC80 120/70 B17's (110/70-17)

How will this setup work. am i ok?

Thank you for all the advice.

#2 ·
how are you going to put a 18 inch rear tire on a 17 inch rim ? or is that a typo ?

Also a 140 knobby is going to be wide and heavy. Might not clear the swingarm on the inside and even if it does fit will probably sap a lot of the bikes power. Keep in mind that even the mighty KX450 only has a 120 rear and it has more than three times the HP that a stock KLX does.

#3 · (Edited)
Check out the dual sport tire thread, i posted some pics there... http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?126813-KLX250SF-dual-sport-tire-sizes

I have used the Continental TKC80 120 front with the 140 rear. No clearance issues. The tires work well on pavement makes backing it in very easy, and handles forest service roads well. They seem to deal with soft loose dirt too, not so good in the snow but what that is to be expected i guess. I only have about 800 kms on them now, mostly because I swap them out with two other sets of tires for street and track. The TKC 80 -140- rear almost touches the chain, the other four rears I have tried don't come close (irc road winner-130-, bridgestone bt003rs -140-, continental attack sm-150-, maxxis pressa slick-160-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.