SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put Continentals Contiforce SM's on my Berg and am pretty amazed at their level of grip.Was doing some pretty good wheelies in the rain yesterday and very little wheelspin and good stability.Wet weather performance is A+ and the only negative is they feel kind of numb....not real communicative at the limit.Will evaluate further in the dry if it ever stops raining/snowing.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
i think any street tire hooks up like no other on an sm......i have not heard of any that don't except those distanzia's.......now i'm talking straight street tires

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think any street tire hooks up like no other on an sm......i have not heard of any that don't except those distanzia's.......now i'm talking straight street tires
I have Michelin Pilots on my KTM and they don't stick like the Continentals in the wet.Ran Pirelli and Dunlops when I raced my CRF and they didn't grip like this either.I just need some dry time to see what the limits are at full lean.I think the flatter profile of the ContiForce has alot to do with the grip as it puts more rubber to the road.I just wonder what this will do to full lean handling.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
best sm tire imo. awesome grip in all situations. great feedback. cheap too. streetbike tires tend to take wayyy longer to heat up due to the weight comparison. I will run these tire for as lng as they make them. I wheelie in rain and never had spin. they hook up perfect. I can spin them but only at a serious lean and powering hard out of a corner. but that is on a 65hp crf

·
Registered
879 Posts
reguest to anyone who has contiforce sm 160 series on 5" rim, can you mesure how wide is the tire (at the widest point). thank you so much in advance

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
best tire ive run, and recently i rode them in the wet and they were awesome! i was really pushing my luck with em at about 60% of dry road pace... youll be amazed at the grip at full lean too, they inspire much more corner speed for me at least.

read my article in the tires thread about em.
http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showpost.php?p=369487&postcount=363

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They stick almost too well when backin' it in.Harder to do than with my Michelins.The rear comes around easy with the pilots.I get alot of front end chatter from the front under heavy braking on the Berg.I need some more suspension tuning time.....Spring is taking it's time!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just ordered a set of these, so I'm anxious to give them a try. The profile look WAY flatter than say... Pilot Powers, so I was concerned about cornering contact patch and grip, but from what I'm reading, there isn't an issue.

Anything is better than the stock D208's I hope. Gawd, I forgot how much those tires suck ass before I lowsided my Husky because I was WAY overriding the tire's grip level (and not paying attention to what the bike was telling me, my fault).

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had them to and really liked them, now i ride maxxis pre-cut street legal slick ans for me they are the greatest...:bowdown:

·
Registered
255 Posts
I plan on getting the Conti force SM very soon. I have the 160/75's right now.

What tire size would u guys recommend for me??? 160s or the 150s? If i got the 150 would i have to adjust all my suspension and stuff due to the profile change?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I paid $165 for mine but now the prices on tires are supposed to go up by 10 to 25%.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
The contiforce definatly has a flatter profile, i just bought a pilot power after comming off a conti. It appears the pilot will allow more lean angle, but will get less tractin pad when staiding straight up.

I didnt really like the conti's in the wet, there felt squirly to me. If i tried to wheele my XR650R in the wet the tires would spin 75% of the time.

Conti's were awsome in the dry thought! awsome grip

1 - 20 of 35 Posts