SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question has been asked probably a thousand time but I will ask it one more time.

What pressure do you guys run your Conti force SM tires at.

Front and rear please.

Thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
25f 26r has worked well on the street, not like I really push it on the street tho. I have been using 23f 25r on the track and work great, no slips unless you want it to.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I run 40PSI on street, and its a scalpel. I use a 150 on the rear instead of a 140. DRZ400SM. No probs at all!

·
Registered
255 Posts
fuck!? 40PSI?

Dint even know you can go that high lmao

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yeah, I usually run 24 f/r, but I weigh under 150lbs all suited up

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
42psi is the maximum rated pressure for most motorcycle tires, really only appropriate for when you're asking the tires to carry their maximum rated load.

Maybe mike1024 is running Conti SM's on his BMW GS RT or some other heavy bike.

Many people see the 42psi tire pressure instruction printed on the sidewall and mistakenly think that's the recommended pressure. The first two words in that pressure instructions are Max Load. Some folks score low points in reading comprehension.

I would recommend trying tire pressures in the 25psi thru 30psi range and see what feels/works best for you on your particular bike.

·
Registered
544 Posts
24f/24-26r for me. Works like a charm. YZ426F and a 160# rider (suited up).

I would drop it for track use (prob. 20/22), but I run slicks out there anyway.

·
Registered
179 Posts
haha. I tried every pressure and I absolutely hate how the conti SMs feel with such low pressures. I mostly commute and fukk around on the streets. Im aware the PSI reccommendations, and I like how it handles at that pressure. (insert forum blast now lol). Ill try to lower it you prickly pears, cause im learning SM from a sportbike perspective. My ZX14 is 42PSI stock, and it handles so much better at that PSI. (i know a zx14 AINT even the same ballpark, let alone sport, as a SM. I appreciate the openness of you all, and I guess im trying to say i Love everyone! =)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts