SuperMoto Junkie banner

Connecticut Motards

470K views 4K replies 120 participants last post by  93Octane 
#1 ·
I finally got my bike back and it is a blast. I cant wait to push thhe limits a bit and try new things. I went out to Groton long point this evening and got a bunch of dirty looks from rich old people as I cruised down the road along the shore, their kids were all smiles though:)
I want to find some other SM's to ride with ever other weekend or whatever, I live in south eastern CT but I dont mind throwing my bike in the truck and meeting up somewhere. I do know a lot of good backroads around haddam, old lyme, ledyard and this area. Let me know where everyone is.
Also, I signed up for a supermoto school at beaverrun in July. About 10 years ago, I was 19 and my cousin paid for me to go with him to skip barber racing school. One of my best memories and I still use many sklls that I learned today. I knew when I bought a race bike that I wanted to do a school and when I saw that a professional was holding a course about 10 hours away I knew I had to go, so anyone else thats interested, I have a truck, trailer and wouldn't mind soe company. My wife doesn't want to go because she thinks I'm going to enter the beginer class race that sunday and embarass her, I guess I have to prove myself first, or maybe i'll just embarass myself:thumbup: I dont care I own a bike that was built to race, might as well have some fun with it

#2 ·
I'm up in Canton, but I've ridden from Canton to Plainville then down to Saybrook Point and back with Bjtitsngolf and a couple other buddies. There are a few guys down by the shore, and a couple guys up in my area. It would be cool to get a big group togeather like the NC/MD guys have and do a good ride.

#3 ·
PM the other guys and let them know we're trying to get some rides together. I hven't seen another SM yet when riding, althiugh I do get a lot of looks and double takes. I'm trying not to be too much of a hooligan when riding but these bikes are like a devil sitting on your shoulder telling you to take the sidewalk when your stuc in traffic, I was tempted to put it up i a wheelie a few times today but at the last second I remembered that I never really wheelied motorcycle. Its a good thing I dont have the P-up yet

#6 ·
I live all of...1 minute from Marcus Dairy. I'm always down for a ride, but never know when I can. I'd definitely be down for a ride, if it starts too far away I'll just toss the bike in the truck and drive there.

#7 ·
Lets ride this coming sunday, I should have my power up by then. It looks like I'm the only one in eastern part of state so we should probably meet up in the central or western part of the state. Who can ride and anyone know of good roads to ride somewhere around center of CT, I'm still thinking the shore would be nice but down for anyting

#10 ·
Gonna hit Marcus Dairy at about 8 or 9. Left to ride at 4pm today, just got in. Not going to be a long ride for me tomorrow but like I said I'll be at the dairy for breakfast at the very least.

#11 ·
http://www.bandofriders.net/forums/showthread.php?p=379919#post379919

Lets go guys....anybody not afraid of the cold/morning?

Anyone interested in an early am sortie?

Open to either Middletown or Branford start points.

Same deal as always....

Type: Med. Pace
Gear: Helmet, Gloves, Jacket, Boots <Required>
Time: 6:00 am Meet 6:15 kickstands up
Loc: Starbucks Branford or Walgreens Middletown (whatever!)
Passing: Safe Cage passing only.

Beginning should be cold, but should heat up quickly. If we start in Branford, I'll do the usual route, Middletown will be a mix of Haddam/Killingworth/east Haddam.....hopyard/castle/etc.

#13 ·
Well that was one hell of a ride, up past Hartford, into Granby then north to the berkshires, blasted around, ended up near limerock park, Rt7/202 area, grabbed 9 somewhere (my gps pootered out 1/2 way in) and headed back down south to home.....you CT guys out there!??!?!?

I was worried about the bike, that was the farthest I've been on one run on it before, but it performed satisfactorily...I need to check/read the plug, and sort out my crankcase vent, but otherwise, not a hiccup!

And I learned how bad the highway sucks on a 'sumo! My ass/neck are killing me!

#16 ·
Going to hit Marcus early in the morning 10/03/10 somewhere between 7 and 8am

I have to be back in New Milford by noon.

Will be on the SXV.

Mmmmmm breakfast burrito. :D

#20 ·
Im going to have to start finding interesting ways to get to that side of the state. I ride more than that distance before 8am but so far everytime I head east the roads are just no fun.

#22 · (Edited)
Yea 34 hits Derby and I dont want to be on it anymore. Even before that it's not a road I would normaly ride on. Imagine go kart track sized back roads with very little to no traffic :) , that's where I want to spend my time. Up here spoiled me I'm sure but I'll figure it out. Might be getting too cold this year already. I threw in the towel this morning at around 11 when I figured out the sun wasn't coming out from behind the clouds.

Maybe even 67 could be fun , I havent been on it south of 84 but I dont see myself hitting 95 in New Haven, not that I wouldnt but ...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...41.392264,-73.030243&spn=0.72323,1.20163&z=10

#25 ·
Just a route to get over to you guys that's not all highway or main roads or 2 hours. THEN ride!

#28 ·
Yeah 42 could be a decent route for me cutting over from Durham on 68. I didn't know that road was there. Definitely a nice way around Rt1 or 34. I've been thinking about getting one of those bike carriers for my trailer hitch anyway so I pretty much wont have to ride it anywhere.

#29 · (Edited)
Well Im ready to ride this Saturday or Sunday, don't care what time. I'll give it a shot if ya guys want another rider your way. One of my riding buddies is down for the season with a Husky 610 blowing oil out of every gasket known to man so it's probably just me.

Let's set something up here. I'll be the first to say ... IM IN !

lol. Again doesnt matter what day or time but if I had to choose , Saturday - early

#32 · (Edited)
O.K. so where to meet then ?

Anyone else or just the 3 of us ?

Any other suggestions for rides? I was just trying to get myself down to you guys but we can do anything.
lol , I have a gaming buddy that bought a motorcycle out in Ohio and we were gonna meet for a ride one day when all of our other friends started to take it to jokeville .. this is where we landed , pretty funny ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.