SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone w/ Yoshimura. They said the E model RS3 will not fit. They said the clearance is not enough and the plastic will melt and the coolant hoses also. I have seen these on bikes, can anyone verify that it will fit without any problems..I do not really like the RS2. I have done all the searces and have not found alot of information with part numbers. Please include your part numbers if you have them. Thanks!

Also, if there are any Jardine fans here, they are coming out with the RT-5 in September.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
The RS3 will fit. There are loads of Yoshimura titanium exhaust systems on S and SM models, and all they've ever made it for is the E model. It just takes a little finagling. There's lots of information on TT and here concerning the subject. They used to make an RS3 full system for the S/SM's, but it was superceded by the RS2 a couple years ago.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I just installed an E model RS-3 on my converted S model yesterday. The midpipe bolt lined up with the lower right footpeg hole (after I loosened the subframe mounts). I notice no clearance issues with the plastic or coolant lines at all.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys. I actually bit the bullet today and ordered the HR1 exhaust I have been eyeballing. They sold me the full system for two hundred dollars less than retail ($790.00 - $200.00 = 590.00):thumbup:
The guys at Hard Rock are very cool and said they will make sure I get the jetting straight since the pipe is quit a bit different from the norm.
I will post pics as soon as I get it and a vid once i get her running. there is a video of their pipe on youtube and it sounds pretty mean.
Supposedly it makes more HP on the dyno than the yosh and Akrapovic.
the Hp was not as important to me as the sound and look(i am shallow).
White Drz and white pipe should look pretty cool. i can also change the color of the end cap if i want . i thought about anodized blue but i stuck with white on white.
the sale is through the end of the month if anyone has been looking at this pipe. Otherwise, wish me luck in my pursuit to be a little different and try something new.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It features a CNC billet can and stainless head and mid pipe. For me is was not about the price as much as sound and looks. So consider me to be taking for the team as I think I will be the first one to get this pipe. This picture from their site shows the slip on. I just wanted everyone to see how short it is. I think this looks good and is exactly what I was looking for without having to buy a pipe and modify it. I am not THAT handy!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Is it me or does the header look really small..... and like everybody just said you don't have to mod the yosh. Just a reminder yoshimura designed the drz engine for suzuki, sooooo draw your own conclusions from that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, that picture is the slip-on only. The header pipe on the full system is bigger. They claimto have dyno tested all of the pipes and theirs supposedly makes more power. As long as it fits well and looks good, i will be happy. Wish me luck fellas!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I hope you enjoy your new pipe. And I'm not trying to insult you with this next comment so please don't take it personally. It is just so funny to hear any pipe builder say things like " we have dyno tested all the top brands and ours makes the most power." That just cracks me up. They never say "we tested all the top brands and ours made almost as much power as brand X." Talk is so cheap.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No offense taken.

Like I said before, this purchase was more about looks and sound than power. I have owned many bikes with much more power and I am over wanting to go 150mph. I bought this bike to have fun on. i just got back from Deals gap with six of my riding buddies who are all on sport bikes. There was only two of them who i could not keep up with and I could not keep up with them we I owned a sport bike.
I am starting to like this forum more and more. Guys on here will tell you their honest opinion and so far no one seems to get pissed about it. Thanks for all the comments and I can't wait to post an update and pics with the new pipe.

I also want to say thanks for the advice to purchase from Forrest at Wheeling's. He is an awesome dude to deal with. I purchased a few parts from him to instal before my trip and I forgot one, i emailed him and he said not to worry, i will ship it out today and you will have it in two days. All of my parts showed up before I left and he did not kill me on the freight. I am a customer for life...:clap:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I finally got it!

I just got it Friday:p I love the looks of the pipe and am not looking for some crazy power gains. I want some noise and if I get some power that is bonus. I ride sport bikes for speed and my DRZ for fun fun fun! I have a white 08 and I got the white pipe with the white tip. The guys at Hardrock Motorsports have been great to deal with so far. A mistake on shipping that they quickly rexolved and when the pipe came in with a few minor scratches, they understood that i am very anxious to install the pipe and said I coulld and run it, and when I got ready, let them know I was sending it back and they would re-sleeve it for me to make it look like new. Have not finished the install yet, still working on the jetting. This thing is LOUD!!:crazy:

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
looks nice.... could you post up a vid of what it sounds like. ive been eyeballing the hard rock too... i love how short it is

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the full TRS Exhaust, It does fit (although tight) I have about 6mm clearance between the Header and the left Rad, I also had to shim the mid pipe on the right side frame. Looks great adds more power and is extremely loud :thumbup: I get looks from the Harley guys at bike night when I start up:Funny:
Well worth the price of admission :bowdown:

Here's a crappy video of my SM running along side my son's TTR 125 you might get a feel of how loud it is at idle :arsenal

View My Video

Cheers
YYT

·
Registered
536 Posts
wow how do u like that slip on?!?!?! looks so sexy. sounds like it sounds nice to. Not like annoying loud but just like a nice Purrrrrrr. Was it worth it? Same for me. Im not looking at any gains just to have fun. I just got the same bike as you, Love it, but yet havent introduced myself yet. But ya let me know how u like it. I would love to get it. I was also looking at the yoshimura pipe.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Your not going to find much gains but, why do so many Sport bike guys just replace the cans?? Looks and sound!
Some bikes don't have small diameter, restrictive headers like the DRZ does. On some MX bikes and sport bikes, it's very advantageous to replace just the muffler w/ a free flowing unit.

·
Registered
536 Posts

i think i want it with white time attack on my rims

1 - 20 of 81 Posts