SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Chris is unwilling to support our complete ban of the Oghes for what he considers to be non specific reasons.

I have indicated that we at a minimum will expect to have the regional points removed from this event due to the controversy that this has created.

The text of his response:
May 22nd, 2007

The following is an outline of the disciplinary actions taken by SuperMotoUSA that are being sanctioned against the following individuals for actions that have happened leading up to this date. This document is a clear and concise document detailing the only conditions from prior incidents and dates.

Nic Oghe
A one race suspension being handed out for “overly aggressive riding” and unsportmanlike conduct on the race track at a practice day at Pats Acres in March. Nic’s suspension will be served by missing the May 27th race at PARC. In order for Nic’s rider status to be re-instated with SuperMotoUSA.net after serving his race suspension, he must follow procedures outlined in the SuperMotoUSA.net rule book.

Tina Oghe
Tina will serve a one race suspension for “verbal misconduct” that took place at McMinnville in late 06. A verbal outburst of profanity will not be tolerated at race events. Tina will serve the 1 race suspension by not being allowed to attend the race at PARC on May 27th. To be re-instated, Tina will be required to apologize to everyone at a riders meeting for the outburst. Tina may make that apology at the May 27th race at PARC or at a later race. If she chooses to make the apology at the May 27th PARC race, she will agree to leave the facility and serve her race suspension following the riders meeting. Serving the one race suspension and a public apology will satisfy the terms of her suspension. She will remain on probation for the remainder of the 07 race season. Additional outbursts will result in heavier penalties.

Rob Oghe
Rob will be allowed to attend the May 27th race at PARC to assist Travis at the race track. Rob will have limited access to the grid (only when Travis is on the grid preparing to race) and will conduct himself in a professional and respectful way at all times. Rob is being put on probation for the remainder of the 07 SuperMotoUSA season.

Rob, Tina, Travis and Nic Oghe
The Oghe family was put on suspension by SuperMotoUSA for the entire 06 racing season. The family didn’t respect the suspension and showed up at McMinnville to race in late 06. By showing up to this event, they violated their suspension and as a result, are being suspended for a 1 race period in 07. The Oghe family served the one race suspension by missing the McMinnville race held on 05-13-07.

The above outlined sanctions are full and complete levied against the said parties. From this date forward, all parties will be held to the same standards and rules laid out and expected by SuperMotoUSA .

·
Registered
365 Posts
like I said earlier -- we voted on the this possibility yesterday. unless the e board wants to revote, then you already have the answer for Chris. Pull SMUSA from the event.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Man this is fucked up!

IMO, Rob Oghe is the biggest problem of this whole deal w/ Chris' "compromise" he's the one that gets off the lightest and is allowed @ the track?

I'd rather race head to head w/ Nic than be @ the track w/ Rob in the pits. In fact, if Rob wasn't there Nic would probably wouldn't be *much* of a problem

-Tyler

G

·
Since I am not racing or planning on going to Pat's Acres or McMinnville this year, it may seem like it is easy for me to say we should not change our vote. It isn't easy. I want the Oregon series to succeed and grow as much as anyone could want it. I don't want to have all of those riders I miss so much have to suffer.

However, if we change our minds, Chris and the O's will have called our bluff. There goes our thunder.

Wasn't Travis a part of the aggressive riding at the practice session? Why did he not get suspended for this weekend's race?

I feel bad for all of you that planned on going down there this weekend... and the whole season.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Dude, Tyler, I am cackling laughing about your signature. Did I actually say that? Oh No! I'm my fucking dad!!!

Well, pull the sanctioning, pull the points, see what happens. If I were able to ride, and the points got pulled, I'd easily not show up. Its a sacrifice, but all it's going to take is 1 or 2 events for the Ohges to fuck up. Chris will wise up. loose 20-30 riders or loose one family? Duh.

-KM

·
Registered
604 Posts
see ya chris. PARC was fun.

·
Registered
144 Posts
norm908 said:
see ya chris. PARC was fun.
I'm completely spun up about this. The fact that he says these are snap decision and that he is going to take HIS track away and is blaming this on Supermotousa? Uh....no.... He's been trying to get some sort of AMA round too. I'll just have to see about that!

Good riddence if you ask me. Let them and the Ohge lovers play there all they want! Ohge Acres!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts