SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new I new to the supermoto world I mean like just getting in to it. I come from the sport bike world and have no clue. I have a 08 kx250f that i want to ride supermoto at trackdays and maybe race occasionally but also want to still ride it on the trails and out in the mesa here or at the mx track. Any suggestions on how to maybe achieve this set up so I can still enjoy all aspects of my bike. Also what kind of gearing are most 250f riders going with for the track? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Once you get your wheels and such for sm you will have two of everything so swapping from an sm set-up to a mx does not take very long. I generally run very close to stock gearing. Depending on the track you are going to ride at you may need to adjust but I would try stock first.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey man thanks for the reply. Yeah i ordered my wheels last week. Yeah im gonna try it out first before i play with anything. What is your take on a slipper clutch for it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I use the STM slipper in mine and am very happy with it. I may be selling a spare one in the near future so if you decide you want one check with me first. They help alot in your ability to get around the track.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have not decided on price yet for the clutch. I have a KXF 450 and two KXF 250s. All the bikes will be for sale at the end of the year so I can get a pair of new FI 450s.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eh new mexico is alright i guess. The track here in town is more suited for a 600 than anything else. My 600 ripped out there but not racing the street bikes anymore. Yeah at least to the east and west there are tracks. Man the silver city area is like a friggin postage stamp man. If u like small towns the yea. Im in albuquerque I couldnt live in a place like silver city to small i need action around me. let me know if you decide to sell that clutch if i havent picked one up id be interested for sure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Demning is pretty good. Arroyo Seca is alot better than Sandia. There are some good places to ride around here on the dirtbike. HOPE YOU LIKE SAND. Oh i know its not you with the clutch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts