SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I build alot of rfs engines on ktmtalk.com and have assembled a completely upgraded and rebuilt 450smr engine.

6 speed, 06 head with perfect ti valves and the upgraded correct oem grey iron guides for long life. replated cylinder, new je piston with wider ring(1.2mm) for longer life, new rod kit installed, entire engine glass beaded externally while apart to shiney silver conditon. engine is unrun since rebuild. new timing chain and tensioner which are the wear items on these.

complete engie with covers ready to bolt in. no cores necessary. out right purchase.

add 3% for paypal and $100 for continental usa shipping. local pickup available in southern california as i am in southern orange county, ca.

price is $2,000

Price reduction now $1,800 4/3/2014

contact me at [email protected] if interested.

std stator and clutch are in this kicker motor.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
None of you need a zero hour motor?
I wish I could afford it(not that your price is high , I'm just broke). Do you do work for other people? I've got an 04 with around 45 or 50 hours on it that I think needs the valve guides replaced soon before it damages the head...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish I could afford it(not that your price is high , I'm just broke). Do you do work for other people? I've got an 04 with around 45 or 50 hours on it that I think needs the valve guides replaced soon before it damages the head...
I have replaced guide ti valved correct heads in stock to fit your engine. Yours may or may not have reuseable ti valves. The poor wearing guides allow the valves to not hit the seats squarely and have all the spring forces on an edge of the soft valve. Once dented they are not recut able. Only hard part is the coating.

I understand poor will help as much as possible

·
Registered
12 Posts
interested

I build alot of rfs engines on ktmtalk.com and have assembled a completely upgraded and rebuilt 450smr engine.

6 speed, 06 head with perfect ti valves and the upgraded correct oem grey iron guides for long life. replated cylinder, new je piston with wider ring(1.2mm) for longer life, new rod kit installed, entire engine glass beaded externally while apart to shiney silver conditon. engine is unrun since rebuild. new timing chain and tensioner which are the wear items on these.

complete engie with covers ready to bolt in. no cores necessary. out right purchase.

add 3% for paypal and $100 for continental usa shipping. local pickup available in southern california as i am in southern orange county, ca.

price is $2,000

Price reduction now $1,800 4/3/2014

contact me at cafla[email protected] if interested.

std stator and clutch are in this kicker motor.
can this engine be freighted to Australia

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Engine

can this engine be freighted to Australia
Yes. 18x18x12 inch double wall cardboard double wall box fits these laying on their side. 75 pounds exceeds USPS so it would be FedEx or UPS. There is another company that was less money I can research

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have replaced guide ti valved correct heads in stock to fit your engine. Yours may or may not have reuseable ti valves. The poor wearing guides allow the valves to not hit the seats squarely and have all the spring forces on an edge of the soft valve. Once dented they are not recut able. Only hard part is the coating.

I understand poor will help as much as possible
Cool I'm not sure if I want to sell the bike and get something newer , or put a little cash into it. It's a nice all stock low hours bike, but its just no longer competitive with my friends newer bikes. If I decide to keep it and do the motor work I'll definitely PM you.

Good luck with your sale.

·
Registered
12 Posts
new donk

Yes. 18x18x12 inch double wall cardboard double wall box fits these laying on their side. 75 pounds exceeds USPS so it would be FedEx or UPS. There is another company that was less money I can research
oh cool, that would be great flashbob, very interested, if you could let me know total cost to freight this donk to australia , and what would be the eta. due for a rebuild, and thinking this is the best option for my 450 smr,
also Is the crank welded in this engine?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh cool, that would be great flashbob, very interested, if you could let me know total cost to freight this donk to australia , and what would be the eta. due for a rebuild, and thinking this is the best option for my 450 smr,
also Is the crank welded in this engine?
Never had any issues with the 450 cranks that would have been helped by welding the pin. No spread in these. Rods wear. That's about it.

Will get your quotes after our holidays. $400-$700 range

·
Registered
12 Posts
Never had any issues with the 450 cranks that would have been helped by welding the pin. No spread in these. Rods wear. That's about it.

Will get your quotes after our holidays. $400-$700 range
went through a stage 3 x of doing right mains after 10 -15 hrs, had welded and up to 60 odd hours now, good one ,enjoy your hols, look forward to hearing from you

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Engine

Sorry for the slow response. I ended up selling this motor but with you in mind I took in another 06 450 Sx motor that I will go through and in your case maybe weld the crank.

Are you running an extreme rear traction setup?

Contact me at [email protected].

Will take a while as I work slowly but yours is still running so hopefully we have the time to do a careful job.

Would be a four speed unless you need the six speed?

Bob

·
Registered
12 Posts
been away

hey Bob, I will be in contact soon via email, just got back from holidays and racing national sm titles, I have always just had the six speed smr , high comp piston, bit of head work and full akra exhaust, can you let me know what you will do, and total cost involved with freight to Sydney, Australia

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Engine

No problem to build whatever you need. Will start the process by welding a fresh crank although I have never seen or heard of this being needed. But will not hurt. Plus convert the motor to ball mains?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts