SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys? I just picked up a 2005 625 smc and im lovin it! I ride the thing 20 miles to work everyday and was just wondering what the best commuter tire would be. I still have the stock tires on the bike, im just waiting to wear em' out. Any ideas? Im looking for a dry street tire that will see some canyon riding on the weekends. Thanks

·
Registered
599 Posts
try the conti SM tires. but they might be too soft if you do alot of freeway riding. you'll need to hit them hard on the weekends!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Pirelli Scorpion Sync. I run 'em in Tokyo and they're great in the wet, in the dry, very predictable.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The ContiForce SM are great but they're more of a racing tire, imo.

·
Registered
569 Posts
The ContiForce SM are great but they're more of a racing tire, imo.
I agree, would be a good track day setup, but won't last for long, could go with alot of other tires that would be much better for commuting and hitting the twisties on the weekends

·
Registered
599 Posts
I had scorpion sync for a while and they actually grip quite well. looks durable too.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Pilot road 2ct has a nice hard middle of the tire, but the edges are soft and sticky for conering. Those are also a good bet

·
Registered
335 Posts
I'm a big fan of either Pirelli or Avons.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm going to try the Contiforce next. Better wear I hope..... This is my tire just before 1600 mi. Sat. It stick like glue but damn!

·
Registered
189 Posts
thats on the 690 SMC?

if so how the hell did you kill it that fast? i have 2400 miles on my stock rear and still have a lil left in her..
That's the stock Pirelli Supercorsa that came on it. I didn't do it by burning out, the only time the tire has spun or slipped is entering or exiting a corner. I guess just riding it aggressively on the mountain roads where I live, It's about the only place I ride. It's just no fun going straight. I put another 100mi. on her yesterday and it's totally gone, no more riding for me until I get some rubber.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I'm on 2700 miles right now and the tire is gone BUT not to the point that it's showing steel.
Aggressive mountain riding? sounds like what I do.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I've made my mind up and am going to go with the Michelin pilot road CT2. It's a dual compound tire with the center being harder and the sides soft. After doing some research the Contiforce sounds like it's a soft compound tire that doesn't wear very well.
I know that it's a sacrifice: grip or wear. But I just can't afford $200 or more a mo. for rubber.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I've made my mind up and am going to go with the Michelin pilot road CT2. It's a dual compound tire with the center being harder and the sides soft. After doing some research the Contiforce sounds like it's a soft compound tire that doesn't wear very well.
I know that it's a sacrifice: grip or wear. But I just can't afford $200 or more a mo. for rubber.

the 2CT has the same center compound as the 'regular' pilot. the sides are softer though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts