SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy an SM. Prefer a KTM 690 or a Husky 610. Also would like it to be larger than a 400/450. But feel free to show me what you have. Im open to all offers. I am located in Colorado Springs so the closer the better. Will also consider bikes that come with SM kit. Not looking to have a bike shipped. I would like to be able to see it/touch it prior to purchase but that is not a must. Show me what you have.:thumbup:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Looking to buy an SM. Prefer a KTM 690 or a Husky 610. Also would like it to be larger than a 400/450. But feel free to show me what you have. Im open to all offers. I am located in Colorado Springs so the closer the better. Will also consider bikes that come with SM kit. Not looking to have a bike shipped. I would like to be able to see it/touch it prior to purchase but that is not a must. Show me what you have.:thumbup:
use crazedlist.org if possible. I know I see a lot of stuff for sale in the Colorado area. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been using CL quite a bit. The only two I am interested in on there have either had a down payment put on it or the seller is being a tool and is asking for an unreasonable price.

Also in case you arent aware of the new CL phenomenom known as "searchtempest.com" you should check it out. its a search engine for CL. Does everything you wish CL would do and puts it in a very user friendly format. It also searches ebay while its at it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
There's a WR450F that isumo'd out on the Denver CL. Guy was supposed to let me check it out but dropped the ball. Check it out.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know its a 450, but if you decide to get something for cruising around and hitting the track, Here's a beast!
http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?116209-Street-titled-RMZ-450-SM-UTAH-3300-trade
Checked it out. Looks legit, price/delivery is right on the money. Im going to cross my fingers for a 610 like I see you are doing. But if in the next week I dont have any hits I might come calling.

Also didnt see anything about hrs/mi on the bike. Post it if you can please.

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
Checked it out. Looks legit, price/delivery is right on the money. Im going to cross my fingers for a 610 like I see you are doing. But if in the next week I dont have any hits I might come calling.

Also didnt see anything about hrs/mi on the bike. Post it if you can please.
Im sorta in the market for a 610/ninja250 to go to/from work so as not to put as many miles on my 530 and keep it in better shape for racing, but Im thinkin I'd rather have the money for finishing my Husky 250 and some other things.
Not sure on the hours. Runs like a champ, Ill be checking valves again soon. Maybe tomorrow if time. Last time one Ex. was out of spec barely, but adjusted it so its within spec.
What part of Colorado are you in?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^ Im in Colo Springs. How well would the 450 perform as a part time DD? My jeep just gets crap for mpg's, 18 average. Also depends on if I set the chip to performance:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
Just fine. I had a 15/45 sprocket selection on when I ran it ok the streets. Did very well. And you could take the rear down a few teeth and still have good power. Ran it on the track a few times only due to me racing my huskies, but for that I kept rear a 450 and dropped the front to a 14t.

It'll be a sweet city/track mobber.. it has the street title, just needs a wiring harness (And a regulator/rectifier!) I have a stator that needs to be repaired to go on it. It was damaged when the P.O. didn't wire the bike up right. I also have a headlight/taillight to go with it. Won't take a whole lot to get it all done

Oh and right now I'm running an oem stator

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^I will keep your sale in mind for sure. I would prefer to get something that is street legal at purchase. But that is just a preference, a week from now I might not be too worried about it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There's a WR450F that isumo'd out on the Denver CL. Guy was supposed to let me check it out but dropped the ball. Check it out.
I think that might be the WR450F Im looking at right now. Was talking to the guy pretty steadily for a couple days. But since I made an offer and asked about mi/hrs I havent heard from him.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Still have the rmz450 :D
Well you may be in luck. A few posts back that other guy said the dude in CO "Dropped the ball". Well wouldn't you know I made him an offer that was in his ballpark for sale. And he replies with "Just found out my friend sold his bike and is looking for another one, sorry if I wasted your time". F*** yeah, you wasted my time! I really want to hate mail him but I like my decent karma.

So lets talk business. Whats it going to take to get the bike and all of the parts to CO? I could meet you maybe in Denver or I would be willing to go as far as Loveland/Fort Collins. Also what is a fair estimate on price to get it back to a street legal config. Do you have any other spare tires other than the knobbies?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well you may be in luck. A few posts back that other guy said the dude in CO "Dropped the ball". Well wouldn't you know I made him an offer that was in his ballpark for sale. And he replies with "Just found out my friend sold his bike and is looking for another one, sorry if I wasted your time". F*** yeah, you wasted my time! I really want to hate mail him but I like my decent karma.

So lets talk business. Whats it going to take to get the bike and all of the parts to CO? I could meet you maybe in Denver or I would be willing to go as far as Loveland/Fort Collins. Also what is a fair estimate on price to get it back to a street legal config. Do you have any other spare tires other than the knobbies?
Yeah that sucks man. Apparently he is a duche no matter what.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts