SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got a new ASV lever and want to know if it is possible to adjust the amount of total pull in the clutch lever itself.

My problem is the lever is to far away for my small hands lol, I adjusted it the closest I could without the lever pinching my fingers while fully pulled in. I usually 2 finger the clutch hence shorty lever.

So im wondering if I get a longer pin shown here in the pic, will the clutch pull distance become shorter?

thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
someone has to know, is there any way to make the overall lever travel of the clutch shorter or is it something that cannot change?

husqvarna 510 09

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Is this for a hydraulic? I think they get different sized masters and slaves that can change the amount of lever pull to disengage the clutch but as for a cabled clutch I don't think you can change the amout of pull but change the place at which it engages. On my clutch (SXV) I only have one adjuster on the cable and not the handle but I would think between the lever adjuster and the cable adjuster you could come up with an adjustment that works. Even with just the cable adjustment I only use the bottom or closest to the handle bar as my adjustment meaning I hold the the clutch when I'm using it. Fully depressed against my knucles on the grip is fully disengaged and about a fingers width away from the bar if where it starts to grab and about a half fingers width after that it's fully engaged. I just don't let go after that and that way I don't have to try and grab it. Gets a little tyring when riding calm but when I get agressive I don't bother with the clutch anymore anyways unless there's a stop. I use the clutch to start and the rest of the time just unload the transmission and shift but alot of people will discourage that advice, I've never had a transmission problem so maybe I just know how to do it the right way. Anyways do the math or just try it.

I'm not sure what your exact question is or if I helped or if anyone else has had or tried this. Type a longer discription of what you're trying to do and your current situation. I looked at this thread when you first posted but it didn't make much sense ... so I kinda just passed it by, maybe others are too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Basically I am wanting to know if this: can the total distance the clutch lever moves in order to completely engage/disengage the clutch be adjusted?

yeah its a magura hydraulic clutch, I didn't know they made different master/slaves like you suggested, i'll have to look into that more

·
Registered
213 Posts
Something to think about with a larger displacement clutch master is that the trade off for more travel in the slave is stiffer clutch pull.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts