SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I get a 06 625SMC, and I would like to change my clutch lever.

I find the ASV really nice, but I read it is not possible to fit it on our 625 SMC... Is it still correct ?

Otherwise, what lever could you advise me in the same style than the ASV ? (or even better! :) )

Thank you

Katoche

·
Registered
542 Posts
here's my 06 625 with an asv clutch lever "for magura" :thumbup:

·
Registered
453 Posts
injunman, is it a straightforward installation with the stock clutch master? i bought i used asv lever for magura clutch here a while back but haven't had the chance to install it yet. i've read that there are some issues with that lever for the smcs as opposed to the smrs.

anyway, nice work as usual. :thumbup:

·
Registered
542 Posts
the pivot bearing (bushing) needs to be reamed out a little and cleaned up and the original clutch adjuster (red knob) used, everything will work just fine, i siliconed all nuts because of the vibration and never had anything come loose or fall off, all systems a go!!!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Those bastards!!! I went to their office about six month ago and talked to one of their main product development guys, asking them if they made the brake and clutch levers for the SMC. Since then, not a word.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
injunman,

Is is a big work for adjusting the ASV lever on the SMC ?

Could you please make a pictur with comment on what you did exactly ?

PS: Did you change also your decompression lever ? (mine is plastic black)

·
Registered
37 Posts
i just put a zeta pivot lever on mine. works great, adjustable, reduced pull and cheep.

·
Registered
542 Posts
injunman,

Is is a big work for adjusting the ASV lever on the SMC ?

Could you please make a pictur with comment on what you did exactly ?

PS: Did you change also your decompression lever ? (mine is plastic black)
adj. of lever is pretty straight frwd, in this 1st pic the upper black pivot bolt bearing (bushing) was reamed with the next size drill bit so the factory bolt would fit. (the lever assy is an C5 model for magura)

the factory adj. bushing was added along with the red knob assy and spring

as you can see the pivot bolt nut was siliconed to keep it in place

yes the decomp lever was changed for the one made by boyesen, which is made from aluminum

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you injunman ! :)
I have just ordered the C/5 and will follow your instructions ;)

·
Registered
453 Posts
i installed the asv lever on saturday and it bolted right up. it took me 15 minutes and it works perfectly. i guess just be sure to get the one for the magura hydralic clutch and you should be fine.

·
Registered
542 Posts
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::bike:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts