SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a really stupid question, but I need to add a bit of fluid t my hyd. Clutch on my '05 525 EXC, and on the master it says "mineral oil only". Is this a different name for brake fluid, or am I supposed to be looking for something else?? And iif it is brake fluid, I know I'm supposed to avoid one kind, but I forget if it is DOT 5, or 5.1.
Thanks all.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
NO! Do not use brake fluid. Mieral oil from the drug store.

Then after you bleed your clutch, you can rub one out. The double whammy!!

That's all the Magura blood clutch fluid is, is mineral oil.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
:Funny::lol:

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any particular brands/ ingredients I should look for or avoid?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
If you wanna be super safe, look on ebay. Search for Magura clutch. Look for the fluid. There is a seller kingair2000 or something like that. HE ships the next day.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have used baby oil, it is 99 percent mineral oil and like 1 percent scent or something. I couldnt find unscented at the time. It has worked fine in my bike for a couple of years now. Costs like a buck something.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I used it once in a pinch. I needed some to top off after the clutch was working poorly on a ride to see a friend. I asked for mineral oil, but they suggested baby oil. Did the trick, got me home and smell like a baby!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Haha, yall and your silly hydro clutches.
I did learn something though from this thread, will come in handy the day I up to a KTM

1 - 14 of 14 Posts