SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GRRRR...... :rant:

Only the fourth time out on my brand new 610 and the clutch cable has snapped !!!

Has this happened to anyone else ?

Very annoying !

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I've only broken one so far, but it was in the city. My bike is hard to find neutral when it's rolling. It was pretty much a ride home of shame with all the traffic lights.

I have a berringer clutch perch. About the only thing I like about it is that it hasn't put any remarkable wear on the cable housing. Other than that, the adjustments suck, and it makes my bike look like a purse.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm..... hope verything else holds up better that the clutch cable did.

Time for a Barnett cable I guess :hmmm:

·
Banned
900 Posts
yes im a dick-so thats out of the way

first lets say you guys dont keep a good eye on your bike
cables dont magically snap
its called lack of jube and not adjusting it correctly
so really the bikes are fine
people cant take the blame for not taking care of there bike

so look at it this way,if it keeps breaking your doing something wrong!!!

i love reading all the posts about problems here-99% of them are caused by the owner

this will piss alot of people off
read your manual-it tells you to look over your bike every time before you ride.it says lube cables all the time
so the lesson of today is when you dont know what your doing and you want to be cheap(thats why you didnt take it to the dealer for service)
and it costs you twice as much in the long run

i know alot but far from mastering anything-but smart enough to know when to leave it to someone that knows what they are doing

hahaha

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Hmmm..... hope verything else holds up better that the clutch cable did.

Time for a Barnett cable I guess :hmmm:
ooohhhhh... you must have been running the stocker than huh... give the barnett a try, and open up your lever a but and relieve it of some material where your cable may rub and start to fray. :thumbup:

i just fixed up my a asss vee lever and i think i wont have to worry about it anymore... hey pea, lube has nothing to do with it most of the time, its the lever and the cable rubbing, and if you put lube on it than it will just rub off after like 10 or so clutch pulls deeming the grease or wd40 useless.

go repaint your swing arm or something... time painting does not = maintenence...:rolleyes2:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Point taken, and under normal circumstances maybe I would agree. That said, my 610 is brand new and this was only the fourth time out. Probably a total of 4 hours ride time.

But hey..... it's only a cable and cheap to replace - still annoying though.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
You need to de-burr whatever is causing the wear on the cable. Even the Barnet cable will snap if there is something that cuts into it.

edit: I think I just kinda repeated what dirtyhucker said.

·
Banned
900 Posts
the cable was out of alinement you guys,that why you look over things

i beat the hell out of my bike and it has had no problems like yours dirty

i guess that speaks for my maintenence
friends of mine say im anal when it comes to looking over my bike
but it pays off

i guess i have a better understanding on how things work

believe me i know what a frayed cable looks like -
but going back to what i said if you look over your bike correcttly you would catch it and fix it, its called binding and causing rubbing to cut the strands

so common sense tells me you cant be looking over your bike before ever ride and you just start it and go
cause if you did look it over you would see where the cable is rubbing to cause a break---- right???

now that i think about it my 20 years of riding motorcycles might help right?
i was riding when you turned three dirty-

i rode your bike dirty,my clutch doesnt slip your does, i wonder why?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
well i wonder why as well, i think my clutch was asjusted a little tight that day, its really hit and miss, i have it now where it doent slip, but shifting is a little rougher than normal but ill take that over a slipping clutch, besides its only rough downshifting into 1st at a stop, and its really not so bad, howabout i take some time and you can look over my bike and figure it out for me. I know my clutch is near time for replacement because it does not disengage evenly, so it may just be wear, and like you said i was only three when you started riding mc's... ive only been riding for a little over three years, and a little over a year on my husky. why im telling you this i have no idea... so why arent you out riding today anyway?!!:bike:

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
hahahahaha, dude i was just watching the kardashians... their shop is right down the street from nicks pad.

Makes me want to cruise up there and rip it up, but yeah riding in a blowdryer is crappy. My bike does run real good when its hot though. Tore it up locally yestarday, it was about 100 here.

·
Registered
353 Posts
4887 miles here since Feb. Still on the original cable. I did however, order a "Barnett" cable from MotoXotica yesterday.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts