SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would be a good product to keep under my seat(which has no storage) to use to clean bugs off my faceshield w/o scratching it or smearing bug guts all over and making it worse?

i just saw an add for these http://www.armorall.com/products/view_product.php?product_id=30&main_group=4&category_index=new
on tv just now and figured maybe they would work well on the face shields for a quick bug cleaning.

usually when at home i use plexus and a microfiber cloth to clean it. i know they sell very very small little .42oz cans of the plexus which i could hide under my seat along with a micro fiber cloth but nobody sells the small things of plexus anywhere locally.

what do you guys do?

·
Registered
720 Posts
gas station window cleaner/squeegee! With helmet still on, just close, lean forward to keep drips off me, and have at it. Works like a charm! I know, I know it's not microfiber blah blah blah. Not worried about it, not noticed a difference.

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
+1 for the gas station squeegee (did I spell that shit right?) trick. On longer trips I wear a camelback so you can always fold up a couple paper towels and fill a small bottle with windex. We got some monster bugs out here....they'll carry your bike off if you're not paying attention.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Small bottle of windex + a microfibre cloth...paper towels scratch the shit out of your visor and ruin them.

·
Registered
599 Posts
water for the bugs then plexus to shine it up. they sell very small bottles of plexus. microfiber towels for sure.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have a little kit that is a little spray bottle w/ a sponge on one side and a squeegie on the other, and comes w/ a little chamois cloth. Fits in the chest pocket of my jacket.

I bought it out of an Aerostich catalog. (they have tons of neat but sort of useless stuff) Its probably one of the most useful products they sell.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
faceshield whats that???

dirt helmet with goggles and tear offs homie!

come on this is supermoto here

·
Registered
614 Posts
It's nice when you use the gas station squeegee and the water is all stagnant!
Smells like you crapped your helmet....
Get a cloth diaper, hose it down with Pledge, and keep it wedged in the space by your headlight in a readily available plastic bag. I swear it works great!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
there is one local place that might have the the little plexus cans. i got them there years ago so maybe they still carry them.

i also found a place online that sells them for $3.95 each, only problem is shipping.

·
Registered
364 Posts
+1 on the gas station trick
"210 polish/cleaner" when I get home....

·
Banned
531 Posts
Find a mini spray bottle (mine is 3/4" x 3") and fill it 50/50 with water and denatured alcohol. Works better and costs nothing compared to the expensive "moto-specific" crap. Cut a 10" x 10" square of soft cloth that won't scratch, fold, and put the whole mess in a small zip-lock bag.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a little kit that is a little spray bottle w/ a sponge on one side and a squeegie on the other, and comes w/ a little chamois cloth. Fits in the chest pocket of my jacket.

I bought it out of an Aerostich catalog. (they have tons of neat but sort of useless stuff) Its probably one of the most useful products they sell.
+1 on the Aerostich spray bottle - one of the best things I've ever bought. Been using mine for over 5 yrs, completely self contained, never scratched a shield. Just a bit larger than a zippo lighter, velcros to some hidden spot under the body work.

Just get the $7 standard, doesn't need anything else. http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/Aerostich-Clear-View-p-16686.html

Gas station squeegee? Yuck, that water is gross, often sandy/gritty and helmet use is too close to my face.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
i guess i am bad... i just spit on it and wipe it with my glove. if i am not at a gas station or any place 'civilized'

if i am taking stuff with me, i have a little packet of windex wipes i like to use.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Gas station squeegies will scratch the $hit outta your face shield.

Check out Winex Wipes at your local Wal-Mart/grocery store.
They're pre-moistened with Windex and work great.

See here: http://www.windex.com/mirror-cleaner/

1 - 20 of 22 Posts