SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I am still new to SMs ( got my first bike today :bannana:) , I don't know much about it.But one thing I am concerned about is while I was washing my bike , I sprayed my engine with a hose and there was steam coming out since it was hot ( duhhh). My question was , should I wait for it to cool-off or is it fine while it is still hot:hmmm:? thanks.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Yeah, if there is water spots, they easily just rub off. Also Buy yourself a "Butt Plug" for your exhaust :rofl: Or a rag should do the trick. before washing your exhaust. you don't want no water near you piston.
Wash the bike with preferably a pressure washer, then spray Spray Nine or any other washing spray, let it on for a couple minutes, then rinse it off, dry your seat and plastics with a towel and tadha!!!!! :bannana:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
If you're using Spray Nine or other like cleaners, dilute them with water first. Whatever you do, don't use Castrol Super Clean. That stuff stains, BIG TIME. :damn:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yeah, if there is water spots, they easily just rub off. Also Buy yourself a "Butt Plug" for your exhaust :rofl: Or a rag should do the trick. before washing your exhaust. you don't want no water near you piston.
Wash the bike with preferably a pressure washer, then spray Spray Nine or any other washing spray, let it on for a couple minutes, then rinse it off, dry your seat and plastics with a towel and tadha!!!!! :bannana:
Do not use a pressure washer. It's a great way to push water past seals and ruin bearings.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Do not use a pressure washer. It's a great way to push water past seals and ruin bearings.
then what do you use? Good luck using a regular hose. I have a hard time washing it with a pressure washer. My pressure washer is pretty cheap and not powerful and I only have my nozzle to the lowest concentration possible. So that's not bad, also yeah, just don't spray on spot for a long time. :headscrat

·
Registered
181 Posts
lol whatever. motards are dirt bikes. dirt bikes get covered in mud and stuff, so they get pressure washed.

it doesnt wreck them. only if noobz use pressure cleaners like 5mm from the surface they will wreck something.

·
Registered
105 Posts
then what do you use? Good luck using a regular hose. I have a hard time washing it with a pressure washer. My pressure washer is pretty cheap and not powerful and I only have my nozzle to the lowest concentration possible. So that's not bad, also yeah, just don't spray on spot for a long time. :headscrat

Um, I dunno. There's this stuff I have called soap, and these other things called brushes and wash mitts. So I mix the soap with this other thing called water. Then I rinse the bike down and use the brushes on the wheels and engine after dipping it in the soap. Then I use the wash mitts on the rest of the bike (or the brush if it's really muddy), and while I'm doing this I take the time to inspect all the parts I'm cleaning so I can see if anything needs some attention, and generally run through some PMCS.

This whole process takes about 20-30 minutes and does a way better job than a pressure washer, and is less likely to take off graphics kits, push water past orings contaminating bearings, chains and engine oil, but hey it's your bike so feel free to treat it however you like.

·
Registered
99 Posts
After cleaning, I spray a cloth with WD40 and rub it on everything, this will allow easier cleaning next time around ;)
Dirt won't stick to the bike as much, and dust can be wiped off very easily.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
If your bike is clean...you ain't ridin' it right.....:anim_peep:

·
Registered
685 Posts
I always thought that is what rain was for. . .

1 - 20 of 25 Posts