1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A fellow rider got caught by a speedtrap camera:rolleyes:

Hehehehe

they didnt fine him for wreckless riding..lucky guy

but i think its classic how his front is in the air.:laughingr what are the chances..i`m a tad jealous

He was busy putting it down from a long wheelie as he went over the trap.

I love it!!!!!!
Had to share it

·
Registered
720 Posts
Yes sir we have those in AZ, luckily they don't hide them so you just gotta not forget they are there. But they do tend to leave a van with the same set up parked in random places. Thought I got it once but never recieved a ticket so it's all good!

·
Registered
62 Posts
They have them in So cal, Its kinda dangerous, cuz at night you can be going though a traffic light and someone will pass you speeding and there will be this huge very bright flash that almost blinds you for a sec or two.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I've heard of guys in Nor-Cal getting these tickets thrown out but don't remember the exact reason-- something about not signing for it like they make you do on the bottom of a speeding ticket makes it not a valid ticket. Maybe someone else knows about this...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes sir we have those in AZ, luckily they don't hide them so you just gotta not forget they are there. But they do tend to leave a van with the same set up parked in random places. Thought I got it once but never recieved a ticket so it's all good!
i got that van too, but i havn't recieved anything either. Maybe they are testing the system?:hmmm:

·
Registered
41 Posts
In Norway they take the photos from the front, so all bikes are immune to those kind of systems! :D (thank god though, we have literally hundreds/thousands of them here).

But! Don't let me make you think that Norwegian traffic regulations are.. what should I say... kind?

Check this out http://www.roadmc.com/default.asp?pubid=14 (sorry for threadjack, really cool photo! :D)

·
Registered
503 Posts
They have them in So cal, Its kinda dangerous, cuz at night you can be going though a traffic light and someone will pass you speeding and there will be this huge very bright flash that almost blinds you for a sec or two.
yea they are like that here in tennessee, tell them you ran the light because the light blinded you. :laughingr

·
Registered
268 Posts
we've got em in des moines but just on 1 road in the ritzy part of town, not that much of a pain in the ass, yet

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
we have quite a few of those cameras around here. Lucky the bulk of them take the pic from the front. Only a few from the back.

When we go on early morning rides we sometimes up to 15 tards. A whole pack of us hitting a 80km/h camera trap at +120km/h and every single bike sets it off (from the front). hehehehe..naughty i know..fun non the less..

I know where they are, i wave at them sometimes.

I do believe if you do the crime you must be prepared to pay the fine so i am 100% prepared to pay them if they get me. I`m not one to take my plates off to go be naughty. but naughty i am indeed:rolleyes2:

funny thing i have had a few traffic officers encourage me to wheelie for them and when i did a stoppie and looked up into the eyes of the law. The dude was smiling giving me a huge thumbs up..Ive been lucky as only a few of them are like that. I actually disagree with that but thats another story

1 - 12 of 12 Posts