SuperMoto Junkie banner

Chinese Enduro conversions

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  brian 
#1 ·
Got an MZ125SM that is a blast, but just picked up a new Chinese 200cc enduro for ridiculously cheap.

Anyone got one of these? Anyone tried to convert one yet?

The engine is supposed to be a CRF clone, originally 150cc but now they are 200cc. Bike is built cheap, no if ands or buts. (non adjustable rear shock, not even preload!) but set up pretty stiff to begin with.

I think it would be a hoot to mount up a 17" front on a spare rim to swap out for rides to work.

FWIW, I race with CMRA and we have 2 motard big bore classes, and -4- mini classes which include sprints and endurance.
You can run a CRF230 in the minis!
Or run a motarded XR100 and anything in between.

Don't think I would run the chinese bikes in endurance, likely to collapse into a heap on the track, but they are a fun to play around on.

#3 ·
I think they are all the same, or pretty close to it.
Pretty heavy is right!

The one I got is the "Diamo" from l-s motorsports but again, I don't think there is much different between brands.
http://www.ls-motorsports.com/produ...ory_guid=7c953f14-91b1-4a6f-ac00-bc84abe1a8f0

There is a new model some of the vendors have for 2005, upside down forks and rear disc look to be the upgrades.

If ya wanna see a bunch of them, head to ebay motors and search under "other brands"

I didn't have time to play with bidding, but I saw some of the 150's sold in the $700 range brand new, plus around $180 shipping.

#4 ·
I've looked at those before..... one thing I've noticed about bikes built over there is that the quality of fasteners is very poor....a thought would be to buy a handful of bolts... 6,8,10 mm by 15 mm to 30 mm the heads strip very easy.... 1/4" drive ratchet also recomended...... :thumbup: just my 2 c's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.