SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
ive got a 2007 drz400sm. I bought the bike out of caliornia and i have always assumed it had all the stock smog components. Well today i noticed a little fuel seapage from my carb and found some loose bolts and then started tracing some vaccume lines. Come to find out, the previous owner has already taken the smog stuff off! He did it a little hoaky though and left the preexisting vaccume lines in places. For example the line that used to be a fuel shut off was still there, one side going to the old tank (its aftermarket Clark tank so there is no spot to plug it in) the other went to the back of the bike to no where. then i found another line that comes from the carb that goes to the back of the bike where the canister used to be. This line actually has a little vaccume from the carb when the motor is running. Should this line be plugged off? is this going to affect how the bike runs? Eventually i plan on Installing an FCR 39mm carb and none of this will be an issue but thats when i win the lottery:laughingr

1 - 1 of 1 Posts