SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I discovered today that my drz400sm has a flat in the rear tire. I was going to get a tube and change it myself but I started wondering if I would need to have it the wheel balanced agian if I only changed the tube out? Any one have any expeirence changing the tube on 17 in sumo wheels? is it something that can be tackled with tire irons or would I save more headache by just taking the wheel of and having the dealer change the tube?

thanks in advanced for any input.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Do it

I would suggest you just change the tube yourself.

This is a serious question isn't it?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would suggest you just change the tube yourself.

This is a serious question isn't it?
WTF? I seen some pretty stupid questions on here to call that a dumb question. besides seems the people at thumpertalk were more help anyways.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Yeah, I have just really had it today. He didn't even answer the main question and his sarcasm is uncalled for. /thread.
I'd say that if you're really careful and don't move the position of the tire on the rim, you can slip the tube in w/o balancing (assuming it was balanced to begin with), but if it were me, I would have it balanced for any street/track riding...

You only have 2 wheels, you should make sure all is 100% right with them... Just my $ .02

·
Registered
98 Posts
Heh

Heh,

I was merely saying you should have a go at doing it yourself, that's all.

I change all my own tires and never had a problem. :thumbup:

If you are really that worried you can build your own static balancer with a rod and two bearings. :hmmm:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts