SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just fixed a flat tire on my Husky 450. While putting the tire on, I noticed my chain is getting stiff. No matter how much lube I throw on it, it stays stiff. So I need new chain and I'll replace the rear sprocket too. The front looks pretty good, but should I replace it too since I'm putting on a new chain and rear sprocket? Any preference for chain and sprockets?
Also, anyone know anything about aftermarket chain guides for the Husky? Mine is about worn through on the inside and the chain is rubbing on a bolt.

·
Registered
105 Posts
if replacing chain and rear, might as well do front too. I'm just getting into supermoto bikes, but on my MX bikes if I replace one, I replace all, chain, front and rear sprokets.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I always run renthal chain and sprokets on my MX bike. Last long time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was eating a chain and rear sprocket in less than 2000 miles on road until I started running a Tri-Metal or steel sprocket. I run a D.I.D 520VM, or a D.I.D. 520ERV3 due to the excessive load on a supermoto drivetrain. They are very expensive, but last 3 times longer on my bikes than anything I was running before. The ERV3 uses a no clip master link which is why I run the VM on the race bike to make it a little easier to change sprockets. The ERV3 is on my street tard and I think it's the best 520 on the market.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I was eating a chain and rear sprocket in less than 2000 miles on road until I started running a Tri-Metal or steel sprocket. .
yeah steel would be the way to go if you want it to last longer.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
these are the only way to go for longevity...... a ironman and a did x-ring chain/......it's what i got and have 66hrs use with 22 of them on dirt.......dead reliable long lasting combo!

·
Registered
537 Posts
these are the only way to go for longevity...... a ironman and a did x-ring chain/......it's what i got and have 66hrs use with 22 of them on dirt.......dead reliable long lasting combo!
+1.
That's what I'm running!
Adjusted the chain once in about 10+ hrs of stomping back roads. I spray mine down with silicone spray when it looks a little dry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts