SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i see that there is catch cans for oil and the carb. are you supposed to run both or just the carb? checked the rules for superbikers2 and doesn't say. i know i have been asking a lot of simple questions, so i hope i'm not wasting your time.:bike:

·
Registered
319 Posts
yeah you'll need all three catch cans or seal up the bottom of the air box and run your oil breather line into it, and just buy or make your carb and coolant cans.:thumbup:

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
I was in a hurry this weekend putting on the new green hoses and put a T fitting from the power valve hose into the carb can.......it pressurized the system and basically fuel injected my carb when running over 1/2 throttle!

I should have known better!:hammer::hammer::hammer:

·
Registered
401 Posts
apa... Question for you. I just received a coolant catch-can, and I found a useful mounting location tucked in between the radiator and the frame down-tube.

Is there a risk of the plastic melting if its in contact with the radiator? Should I be seeking a different mounting location?

·
Registered
696 Posts
SME Carb catch can

Any one running one of these? I just installed one on my Husky
and was wondering the best way to route the lower tube/can.:headscrat
Any pics will help.

07 510 SMR :thumbup:

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
apa... Question for you. I just received a coolant catch-can, and I found a useful mounting location tucked in between the radiator and the frame down-tube.

Is there a risk of the plastic melting if its in contact with the radiator? Should I be seeking a different mounting location?
Mounting so its touching the radiator isnt a problem....keep it away from the header though.

I still include the bracket with screws and 2 zip ties. Most just run the zip ties threw the radiator and mount the tank directly to it.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Leave enough extra loose at the end so you can point it away from the bike other wise it goes toward the rear axel bearings (bad). When I ride in the dirt I just remove the end cap. I have to drain it about every other session for supermoto and about once a day for mini-roadraces (no Jumps).

I really like that you can see how full it is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts