SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay - so my biggest issue with the looks of my black SM is the gold annodized fork tubes. im tempted to have them back annodized... but saw a picture of an sm here that had carbon fiber sleves on it. they are from lightspeedperf.com. it looks to be 2 pieces... they call them Black carbon fiber outer stantion tube wrap.

i assume that only covers the lower half of the fork tube - below the tripple clamp.

the bike on here had the top (between the tripple clamp) done as well. do i just by 2 sets and cut the other to fit?

http://www.lightspeedperf.com/produ...282&prevaction=category&previd=16&prevstart=0

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think them wraps are for the S model. SM's are 2005-08. The SM's have RM forks so i would think you would need the RM model fork wrap.

If your just doing it for the look then buy a roll of carbon decal. I got a roll at advance auto its like 6" wide. wouldn't be hard to wrap the forks.

Dave

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
If your just doing it for the look then buy a roll of carbon decal. I got a roll at advance auto its like 6" wide. wouldn't be hard to wrap the forks.

Dave
Faux carbon fiber decal fork wrap are good.:thumbup: They look good, they protect, they're cheap. :thumbup::clap::bike:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
where can i get a set of those showa carbon look stickers?
You can get it from your local Parts Unlimited dealer. :thumbup:

Mine are the N-Style brand.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Okay - so my biggest issue with the looks of my black SM is the gold annodized fork tubes. im tempted to have them back annodized... but saw a picture of an sm here that had carbon fiber sleves on it. they are from lightspeedperf.com. it looks to be 2 pieces... they call them Black carbon fiber outer stantion tube wrap.

i assume that only covers the lower half of the fork tube - below the tripple clamp.

the bike on here had the top (between the tripple clamp) done as well. do i just by 2 sets and cut the other to fit?

http://www.lightspeedperf.com/produ...282&prevaction=category&previd=16&prevstart=0
Yes ive got them i think there lightspeed or E-Line i will take a pic and post later. :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts