SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help with carb jets. I live in central Texas so its 100 degrees with low to mid humidity. I have fmf pipe,3x3 air box mod with 2 stage filter. My jetting now is 160 main which works good, but when you only have the throttle cracked open about 1/4 it gets to a dead spot in 1-3 gear like its running out of fuel. The pilot jet is a 25 and I have the clip on the 3rd notch from top on the neddle, the screw adjuster on bottom is 2 1/2 turns out. Idles fine, full throttle is fine it's just slower ridding. Any help would be great even if it's telling me I need to just deal with it and have a heavier throttle hand.
:hmmm::headscrat

·
Registered
530 Posts
sounds like u have it down pretty good? what jet kit are you using? try moving the needle clip..

·
Registered
366 Posts
if you dont have the extended fuel skrew you need a bigger pilot. and i run a 165 main at sea level but i have my side pannel cut open also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The kit is from Jd jetting. It does have a extended finger adjust screw. I guess I can go down one more notch on the needle before maybe trying the pilot. What size pilot should I try?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts