SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is the thread for drz ''can anyone wheelie their DRZ400sm?'' so i thought i'd ask the qs for the dr650se??? i can little bit lol but thats w/ 16tooth and tm40 1 or 2 gear very short lol

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
I'll tell you this; I have a 400 and wheelie it often, and swapped out with a friend who has the 650 with the TM40 and the short list of hot mods everybody does. I didn't try and wheelie his bike, but DAMN did I love all that torque. Seems to me it should be a wheelie monster.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I'll tell you this; I have a 400 and wheelie it often, and swapped out with a friend who has the 650 with the TM40 and the short list of hot mods everybody does. I didn't try and wheelie his bike, but DAMN did I love all that torque. Seems to me it should be a wheelie monster.
yeah they are very easy to wheelie. I have pretty much every bolt on possible + tm40 and 14t front sprocket mine pops up easily. You should drop down to a 14t front, that 16t is only making the gearing longer for more comfy highway riding. You are going to have to change gears while in the wheelie if you want it to last longer, or keep it slow and control that throttle and rear brake.

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
yeah they are very easy to wheelie. I have pretty much every bolt on possible + tm40 and 14t front sprocket mine pops up easily. You should drop down to a 14t front, that 16t is only making the gearing longer for more comfy highway riding. You are going to have to change gears while in the wheelie if you want it to last longer, or keep it slow and control that throttle and rear brake.
I figured it would be btuner, just wasn't going to try it on his bike. I also loved the gearbox, four get 'er done gears, and big tall highway fifth gear. You never know, I may just join the Big DR owners group someday.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Yeah 5th is sooo tall. you will never mixup 4th and 5th gears lol, which gives you great mpgs when you want to ride slow. The instant torque is great on the dr, just wish it was a tad lighter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts