SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

There are at least 5 of us Canadians coming to Michigan this weekend. I see the pros are running 1:10 lap times from the Michigan Supermoto site. What gearing are you guys running? Since the schedule is all compact into a what looks to be about a half day, I was hoping to get the gearing set before I leave so I dont have to change it trackside.

Does anyone have any helmet cam videos?

Looking forward to Race day.

Sam
#5 - KTM SMR

·
Registered
601 Posts
Id be suprised if anyone gives up that info to give anyone a advantage, i remeber when i 1st got into sumo racing and asked a few guys that question, i got some wierd looks like " Why would i tell you my gearing so you could go out and maybe beat me" I never got a direct answer from about 5 guys! I understand now. Now if the Race promoter posted up then it would be all good! Dave?????

·
Premium Member
1,853 Posts
Id be suprised if anyone gives up that info to give anyone a advantage, i remeber when i 1st got into sumo racing and asked a few guys that question, i got some wierd looks like " Why would i tell you my gearing so you could go out and maybe beat me" I never got a direct answer from about 5 guys! I understand now. Now if the Race promoter posted up then it would be all good! Dave?????
Asshats.

We all need to welcome new riders to our venues - its better for the sport, more riders on the grid make for better competition.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi Everyone,

There are at least 5 of us Canadians coming to Michigan this weekend. I see the pros are running 1:10 lap times from the Michigan Supermoto site. What gearing are you guys running? Since the schedule is all compact into a what looks to be about a half day, I was hoping to get the gearing set before I leave so I dont have to change it trackside.

Does anyone have any helmet cam videos?

Looking forward to Race day.

Sam
#5 - KTM SMR
Built KX450- 14-49 maybe a hair tall though.

·
Registered
108 Posts
It is a five speed.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
MISuperMoto gearing

I have a stock 02 crf450 thats 13 -47 and A built (way to much$):headshake crf450 thats 14-47 but there are 5 speeds. I would gear for the long side the Pro class is into 80mph down the back. And thanks for coming and to every one thats riding supermoto:thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts