SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's for her and after over 2 years of lurking I- well she- FINALLY has a tardable bike!!!!!!!!!! We chose the dirt version as it will be used in the dirt more often, but 17s will be on the short list.

I look really friggin' goofy on the thing 6'7" 220+, but the thing feels like a mountain bike under me and had no problem hitting 77 indicated on the way home from the dealer. This will be a FUN bike!

Quick question, what is the hot setup for hand guards? I assumed Acerbis, but not sure. Again, the thing will be used in the dirt somewhat frequently and a bunch until I get 17s for it.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
nice...but, yous hould have gotten the sm version as it's alot easier and cheaper to source an extra set of dirt wheels than it is to source and pay for sm wheels with rotor and adaptars.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Check with Stumpy. (SMJ member) He has a complete sumo wheels/brakes/tires set-up for a WR for sale pretty reasonable. Bolt-on and go.

I have Acerbis Rally Pro handguards on my KTM and my DRZ. Cycra Pro Bends on my WR. Both are excellent quality but the Acerbis look nicer.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
I have to say you have 2 nice bikes there, and a couple nice mountain bikes to boot. Is that a maverick DUC fork on the black bike?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am not sure of this but I do not think the stock super moto wheels will fit in the front on the dirt version.The hub looks a lot bigger and so does the rotor.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have to say you have 2 nice bikes there, and a couple nice mountain bikes to boot. Is that a maverick DUC fork on the black bike?
And the 954 track bike under cover up front as well as the KLR about to be sold. :D The 954 in action:

Yep it is a DUC 32. Me likey likey. The bike is a GF Fat Possum XO that if I lock the fork out and go in full attack, it feels like a rigid bike with no bob at all despite having 5+ inches of travel.

Thanks for the nice compliments. I'm a bit embarrassed that the pig only has 12k in 10 months (I put 24k in 8 months on the last GS before it was killed). The Pig is used as well:

So I took the new little bugger for a cruise on a local FUN road that is only about 20 miles one way but there are probably 200+ turns- very low speed. Here was the funny part. So I was being mildly sassy with it and decided to be a total dummy and "back it in". Yeah right, like I know how to do that in 50 miles of riding this thing or at all for that matter regardless of the bike.

So at about 45 I lock up the rear coming into a left hand turn and was crossed up thinking I was cool, but since I was weighting the outside peg, couldn't lift off the peg (actually this was all more due to a lack of skill I'm sure). Anyways, I end up doing kind of a full J turn to a stop. The hilarious part is that the bike is so tiny and light, I didn't even drop it and just stuck my leg out and picked the thing back up. Too funny. I asked my buddy if it counted that I was down and he said I never touched anything on the side so I was safe, but an idiot. :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts