SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, due to budget limitations and the nice service intervals i decided to go for an ktm 640 LC4 -03 , i got it for a nice price ( in sweden it was a nice price.... ) and this is how it looked when i bought it;

I started to modifiy the rear, wich imo is terrible in its original look...

This is how it looks stock.

I decided to do it the easy way, so i just cut it off, drilled some holes and moved the bar further back closer to the bike itself.

Comparision between the old "lip" and the new one ... drastic changes !

How it looks now underneath, not 100% attached yet. Need to get some new bolts. But could be nice for others to see how ive done;

I also got some extra plastic with the bike, so i tried to paint it myself, with regular spraycans. It turned out better than expected. The idea is not to have it just white, ive ordered a decalkit wich you will see later on ;) and i guess it will fit very good with this color scheme!

Update 2014-08-15

Ledblinkers front, damn thats so much better than the original ones...

Taillight in work

Update 2014-08-16

Rearview mirrors installed...

Whole bike in daylight

·
Registered
453 Posts
It's amazing what a tail tidy does. I loved these bikes when they first came out. (My uncle had a 660) but they've just became ugly with better models coming out. Looking good tho.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's amazing what a tail tidy does. I loved these bikes when they first came out. (My uncle had a 660) but they've just became ugly with better models coming out. Looking good tho.
Hehe. Strange decision with the taillight thing tho imo.. in that area 2003~ there were plenty of other models with good looking tails. But im cool with my mod, and it doesnt cost anything to do either :) its just the damn seat thats so ugly imo, atm. Anyone know if the -05 640 seat fits ?! It's atleast better.

Tomorrow i will add rearview-mirrors and rim-tape, orange. Just to try. Maybe its too much with rim-tape ...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update 2014-08-21

PlastiDip on rims,

Turned out OK , not 100% good but i did it in the evening with not much light, stupid me. Still looks alot more badass than original!

·
Registered
544 Posts
The LC4 engine was put into quite a few different bikes..the adventure, SMC, Duke..etc.. I think all orange 3 letter imports are beautiful..I have a Duke 2 and I absolutely love it. Some may not like the big bore singles but mine suits my needs just fine. Your bike is looking great, keep us posted as you go! Nothing like Austrian engineering!

I envy your spoked wheels...although mine came with green cast BBS wheels I went ahead and added a little florescent orange tape to the spoke portion.

Here's mine

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Spoke skins, sounds great! Never heard of it tbh. What color? Black, Orange, White , or maybe a mix .. Half black half orange? :bannana: ( remember alot of the bike will be white later on when my grapich-kit arrives )

Here's how i masked before painting, really simple..

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Very clean for a 2003. Looks like a new one, just better. :thumbup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So finally its back from the dealer. New decals installed, loosk even better irl...

And a bonus picture of my livingroom decoration..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nice reply!!! ..... i like it mate its a nice look.....so did u cut down the rear side panels too??
I wanna get my exhaust a bit higher up from the original so maybe thats just a matter of changin the can/silencer???
Ur ideas awsome tho man thanks a lot.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Next time you paint your wheels, save yourself a lot of time and ass pain; use straws and slice them down the middle and slide them over. Much easier then tape.

Bike look great btw

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This is as far as i've got in 1 month
Ive never seen anyone paint the whole engine like that :lol:!

About the silencer, yeah, i agree it should point more UP with an angle but then you'll have to cut and weld the pipe im afraid..

Yes i also cut the sidepanels. But if i had to do it again, i would do it differently.

Atm im modding the seat, ive removed the cover and adding some extra foam.. trying to get rid of that "bump" in the seat wich makes it look like an old horse.. :lol:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts