SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The whole bunch of you are all sick in the head>>>>> AND I LIKE IT:thumbup::arsenal

I see a CR500 in my future and I want to hear everyones tails of taming the beast. Also general experience, pros and cons kinda stuff!! What gearing works best on street, the should do mods.. the whole story. Also Pics would be welcome, let the bling off begin!!!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
It's the beastiest of beasts...spank any 450 at will. Not the best as a street bike but it would be fun around town for short bursts. I plan on having a legal 500 A/F within a year or so. Like Aloha stated in another thread, I want to be scared everytime I throw a leg over it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Damn, i rode one of those on a motox track once and it was nuts! I bet on the street it would be some crazy fun. Could you daily drive one on the street and be reliable?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
i rode a 96 with the steel frame and it was nuts.........it felt like a hover craft every time it powered up when shifting.........crazy torque

·
Registered
797 Posts
im just lazy

ive spent hours typing about this subject so i am not going into details but do a search and you will find tons of info around here. iv'e built several and am totally an addict! i currently own 2, both aluminum frame conversions. heres the link to the thread where i have links to 4 of them i have built.... http://www.bannedcr500riders.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=1624&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
about halfway down that page is where i posted the links...... great site for 5hundees too!!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
for real? did you see it on craigs list also, or just from here? what shop is it at? looks like mad city kinda
4 RiZZLe, it's at Mad City. I saw it on Craigstlist when I did a nationwide search on http://www.craigshelper.com/ , I've been hunting the elusive beast!!!:bike::arsenal

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a deposit down on that bike!! its shall be mine:arsenal:arsenal
First post here guys. I've been lurking for awhile.
I was recently at Mad City, probably 2 weeks ago, I live a mile away from there. I was there looking at a xt 225 for my wife. As we were talking to the saleman we started talking about 2 strokes. I have a few of them. He points out that exact cr500 as his manager's ice racer, I didn't realize it was street legal, I don't think it had blinkers when I saw it. I sat on that bike, I don't think it was for sale at the time because I probably would have bought it.
Have fun on that monster.
Brad

1 - 20 of 41 Posts