SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have access to lug and radial mount sport bike 4 piston calipers. Is there anyone who sells the brackets to make a conversion possible? Will a bracket sold by QTM work for this type of conversion. I have a 2005 YZ450 I want to do this with, I am just trying to find an economical way.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Have you had any luck with this? The problem with most factory sportbike calipers (4 and 6 piston) is that they are too wide and interfere with the spokes.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi, I am in the process of making a 2006 R6 4 pot radial mount caliper fit on the front of my 02 YZ426. I bought a 320mm motomaster rotor and the R6 master cylinder and caliper. I can tell you that it will work, but from what I have found the front rotor needs to be spaced out .5 in. The spacer needs to be a machined ring, not just long bolts with washers. I will document the process and post pictures and the Solidworks drawings of the adapters that I make under my "how to/ show and tell" thread. It is under this section, called 02 YZ 426 Conversion. What I have been able to find is that there is not a way to do it without machining your own parts. Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts