SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I really so far behind the times or so much out of the loop????

I just found out that effective Jan. 1st 2008 dealerships in CA can no longer legally install aftermarket exhausts and/or the necessary mapping due to EPA regulations.

Is this true? My local dealer says it is and they have lost a lot of business because of it, because this is usually the 1st mod a lot of people do to their bikes.

I can't believe I haven't heard of this until now. :rolleyes2:

JOHN

·
Registered
218 Posts
your forgiven for being out of the loop, but you shouldn't be suprised.....california is the capital of knee-jerk legislation and is hell bent on pushing their 'green' agenda on the rest of the country regardless of the cost/feasibilities/realities (sometimes even regardless of an actual environmental upside).

big brother has spoken again......get used to it, i have a feeling its only going to get worse.

at least the 2nd ammendment issue was cleared-up for you! ;)

·
Registered
276 Posts
your forgiven for being out of the loop, but you shouldn't be suprised.....california is the capital of knee-jerk legislation and is hell bent on pushing their 'green' agenda on the rest of the country regardless of the cost/feasibilities/realities (sometimes even regardless of an actual environmental upside).

big brother has spoken again......get used to it, i have a feeling its only going to get worse.

at least the 2nd ammendment issue was cleared-up for you! ;)

I believe all of Europe has already gone this direction, it is a noise management issue..

California is following Europe's lead..

I am enjoying my aftermarket pipes while I can.

·
Banned
531 Posts
You people from the other 49 states and international counties have made California what it is, a shithole. This place is the true melting pot.

Ask anyone in the populace cities of Cal where they were born, and you'll be surprised. I'm a second generation Californian and resent the stupid comments by retards that live in the other 49.

I say carpet bomb the coast line and nuke LA and Sacramento.

I think a restart is in order.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I'm a second generation Californian and resent the stupid comments by retards that live in the other 49.
California, born and raised and proud to live in Atlanta ( sometimes ). CARB will end up being the strangle-hold that ordinary citizens will resent in the future w/ it's useless tactics to reduce emissions of lawn-mowers and model airplane engines.

Fuck CARB and it's supporters.

·
Registered
599 Posts
my dealer installed the akra and map for me before I picked it up. I know alot of dealers won't rejet carbs.

·
Registered
782 Posts
That is some dumb shit right there. Even with a power commander, I seriously doubt todays bikes pollute more than any car on the road.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Cant wait to move back to the midwest.... got my 40 acres now just gotta get it paid off and save some cash to move.... I hate Communist-fornia.

I haven't heard anything about this law yet but I have seen alot of exhausts marked as a "off-road" or "race" part.
Everyone just needs a friend in another state. Have them buy it and then ship it to you.

·
Registered
569 Posts
california is so screwed up, just because dynojet makes a programmer, its the persons responsibility to either follow the ARB laws or not, typical bullshit of california, not sure how anyone can live there

·
Banned
531 Posts
That is some dumb shit right there. Even with a power commander, I seriously doubt todays bikes pollute more than any car on the road.
People in the US who use motorcycles as their basic form of transportation are MINIMAL!

What about corporate emissions and the jackasses that feel the need to drive a huge SUV (stupid un-utilized vehicle).

·
Registered
696 Posts
You people from the other 49 states and international counties have made California what it is, a shithole. This place is the true melting pot.

Ask anyone in the populace cities of Cal where they were born, and you'll be surprised. I'm a second generation Californian and resent the stupid comments by retards that live in the other 49.

I say carpet bomb the coast line and nuke LA and Sacramento.

I think a restart is in order.
:Funny::Funny::Funny::Funny::Funny:

I too am second generation Californian, LA/OC and now SC.
It is a Police State we have to many idiots here. As soon as I get my shit togather I am
out of here. I have traveled the world looking for somthing
better. I Ride, Surf and Sail, hard to beat CA, but I am so
fed up with the shit here!!! :rant::2hard:rant:

·
Registered
16 Posts
i know of a few dealers who send their newly purchased bikes to local shops that can legally do the work and when you are on the purchasing end of the spectrum it is just the same as if the dealer did it for you. you buy the bike, tell them you want an aftermarket pipe and rejet, the dealer sends it to the shop, shop does the work legally, and you pick your bike up two days later brand new with pipe and jetting.

·
Banned
531 Posts
:Funny::Funny::Funny::Funny::Funny:

I too am second generation Californian, LA/OC and now SC.
It is a Police State we have to many idiots here. As soon as I get my shit togather I am
out of here. I have traveled the world looking for somthing
better. I Ride, Surf and Sail, hard to beat CA, but I am so
fed up with the shit here!!! :rant::2hard:rant:
I moved from Santa Cruz county (after 24 years) , to Jackson Hole, Wyo a year and a half ago. Born in Laguna Beach. I love the California coast, but I moved to Hawaii twice because of the kooks.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I agree that the over regulation of everything in Ca is a huge bitch. However it should be easy to put a pipe on and take your "race bike" to a dyno where you can get your "off road use only" pipe / FI tuned.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts