SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The black plastic skid plate at the front of a CA model is where the charcol canister is for the emmissions. The swing arm on the left/shifter side also has a sticker giving you a rough diagram of what goes where.

If you want to get rid of it, here is what you do.
1. remove the skid plate. it is 4 differnt 5mm allen bolts.
2. pull the tube that goes up to the throttle body. cut a piece of the tube and block the end. push this back on the tube on the throttle body to block/seal it so as to prevent any sort of vacuum problem. make sure you seal this off well.
3.pull the tube from the tank to the canister. I performed all of these steps with all the body work on but the skid plate. you are going to end up connecting two tubes to make one long vent tube from the gas tank down to your catch can. (oh yeah, this turns into a catch can mod too!!) this tube will be the one that runs down from behind the left radiatior shroud.
4. your final pile should have the charcoal cannister gone, the throttle body vent now plugged and one line to vent from the gas can.
*do this however you want, i wont say what i did as it was all just kinda thrown together homemade with old parts i had around*

where the charcoal canister was is EXACTLY the same size as a redbull can! haha. so i was going to just delete the bash plate, but since it will do a little bit of good AND hide a catch can i just opened up the mouth of an empty redbull a bit, slid the can into the rubber grommets that once held the charcoal cannister and then dumped the line into it!!!

hahaha, simple, quick and great!! to finish it off i then used goo-gone and removed the little emmisions map from the swingarm!

enjoy!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rollover Valve Removal

Rowdy,

In your pictures it looks like you also removed the "roll over valve". From what I have read, this is supposed to keep gasoline from running out of the gas tank vent when the bike tips over (after a crash, or an earthquake in your garage). So you may be creating a safety hazard by removing it!!!

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts