SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read somewhere, that CA dose the reg off of production date. I think what i have read was that the bike was produced befor Dec 31 2002 you can get it plated. I need some help. If any body can give me the DMV code for it it will be a big help. Thank you

·
Registered
215 Posts
I dont know if there is a specific code for it, but it can be done. I have a 99 YZ400 with a plate. Getting it done however isn't exactly easy. The biggest problem is that you'll need to get someone at the DMV who both knows how to do it, and who is actually willing to do it. Finding the first one is next to impossible in my experience, and finding both in the same person is like finding a unicorn hiding in your closet.

When I bought my YZ it was already plated, and even just transferring the registration caused problems for me. The idiots at DMV were dumb enough to not be able to figure out why there was no odometer, but just smart enough to notice that the 8th digit of the vin says "off-road" in code, and they almost tried to take the plate back.

Dallas

·
Registered
504 Posts
No you can't completely legalize off-road bikes anymore, you may be able to slip one by, but you may get a letter from the dmv asking for your plate back when they catch up to you. Bikes plated before feb 2002 are still legal, their plates cannot be revoked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts