SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I posted on here awhile ago about a plan to sell my CBR1000RR and buy a supermoto and got great responses. It took several months but yesterday a buyer picked up the CBR and tomorrow I am buying a 625SMC from a fellow SMJ; I couldn't be more excited. I am looking forward to riding at PGP but need to prep it first. Where should I look for axle sliders and peg sliders? I've done searches but the axles don't appear to be hollow so the universal kind don't look like they will work. Also, it has handguards but the ends of the bars are still metal; do I need delrin sliders on the bars as well? thanks

·
Registered
891 Posts
625 is a bit big for PGP but still good fun! Bar ends, motostrano got sliders and you really want them both to protect the pavement and also bar ends get ground down pretty good in a crash.

For axles, I'm surprised they're not hollow. AFAIR KTMs had some sort of plug that can be punched out. But if that's not the case I used a thick plastic hose on a hose clamp around the swingarm.

Hello all, I posted on here awhile ago about a plan to sell my CBR1000RR and buy a supermoto and got great responses. It took several months but yesterday a buyer picked up the CBR and tomorrow I am buying a 625SMC from a fellow SMJ; I couldn't be more excited. I am looking forward to riding at PGP but need to prep it first. Where should I look for axle sliders and peg sliders? I've done searches but the axles don't appear to be hollow so the universal kind don't look like they will work. Also, it has handguards but the ends of the bars are still metal; do I need delrin sliders on the bars as well? thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just got it home and started playing with it; you're right, they are hollow. Man this thing is fun to ride! Amazing in the twisties and has torque RIGHT NOW. Psyched to be a supermoto junkie

Attachments

·
Registered
624 Posts
Anyone got any more info on sliders? Can I do the I ol skate wheel and threaded rod trick?

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk.

·
Super Moderator
1,758 Posts
Motostrano has them and if you contact Brian on here he makes them tooooo :thumbup:

·
Registered
624 Posts
I can make them, too. And bar end sliders. Cheap (just like me!).
Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing a photo either. I just bought some $10 skate wheels online and was gonna go get some threaded rod to make my own but may buy some of your as well.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I'll take some pics tonight. I use 1.5" UHMW rod and counterbore the nuts. Pretty simple. I use a chop saw to cut to length and my lathe to center-bore the pucks.

Here's a pic of them installed. I make them a little shorter now, just because they don't need to be as long as I made them originally.

·
Registered
400 Posts
sure, why not?

thinking they sell actual kits at ktm cycle hutt also

sent from a honeybucket

Yeah, they do, but good luck waiting for them. I placed an order on Dec 3rd for front and rear sliders. No emails, no calls, so I called them last week. Backordered till Jan. 3rd.

Last time I order from them. Local place has had them for weeks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts