·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

Info:
6'2 200lbs without gear
No dirt or jumps involved
Kart tracks, full size tracks(msr Cresson 1.3, maybe 1.7)

I'm looking hard at 85 2t because texas has an 85 2t, 190 4t class and anything smaller would probably implode with me on it.

Whatever it is will run 12" wheels and be resprung and revalved for my weight and riding style.

Anyone of similar size have experience running these?
My big question is will it keep up with the groms? Groms run all the time so as long as its comparable to that it'll be alright.

Was recently hit by car totalling out one of my street bikes so I'd like to build a mini from the money for the track while I'm healing and can't ride.
Thanks,

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Do you prefer 2t over 4r? Only mini I had was an xr100 but 12in wheels seem awful small. On that xr100 if memory serves me I ran a stock rear rim and am xr80 front rim. I believe they were 16in.

For a fast mini track bike the crf150r was always the one to beat. They actually ran faster times than nearly all full size bikes. Several guys ran 85cc bikes but not nearly as many.

Sorry I dont have any first hand with them but maybe that info will help point your search.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My big question is will it keep up with the groms? Groms run all the time so as long as its comparable to that it'll be alright.

KX85s are faster. Out here, Groms run in a lower class. F2 or F3 I think and 2t 85s run in F4. (Rocky mountain minimoto) I'm an old-slo guy with an 85 built like you're planning. I've lent my bike to younger faster boys that have put themselves on the box in F4&5 F5 being 2t 100's and 4t 150Rs. (y)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In Texas they run 85 2t with 190 4t. Im honestly just not wanting to have to rebuild a 150r when I blow it up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you prefer 2t over 4r? Only mini I had was an xr100 but 12in wheels seem awful small. On that xr100 if memory serves me I ran a stock rear rim and am xr80 front rim. I believe they were 16in.

For a fast mini track bike the crf150r was always the one to beat. They actually ran faster times than nearly all full size bikes. Several guys ran 85cc bikes but not nearly as many.

Sorry I dont have any first hand with them but maybe that info will help point your search.
I ended up getting a yz85 and I have parts on order and have sent suspension off to Racetech.
Hopefully I'll have all my parts in the next week or two.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you prefer 2t over 4r? Only mini I had was an xr100 but 12in wheels seem awful small. On that xr100 if memory serves me I ran a stock rear rim and am xr80 front rim. I believe they were 16in. bluestacks omegle.red root bluestacks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts