SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm a 20 year old college student, studying mining engineering, I got 2 kids and a wife and so I needed a cheap alternative to a street tard. My dad had a 450X he never rides so I "acquired" it.

This is before I did any work on it. Sorry for blurry pics.

Doing electrical wiring for street legal-ness. I went with Tusk handguards with integrated blinkers. They're really awesome, bright, easy to see and just overall trick looking.

Rear blinkers, can't decide if I like them...

I also plasti-dipped all the white plastics...

Next, was street/dual-sport tire and sprockets...

Kenda K761

Also, got the sumo fender

Current stage... will probably stay like this for a while...

Some parts that are not obvious in pictures are, 15/49 gearing, trail tech vector computer, Tusk light switch with horn, blinkers, and lights, and a new battery. Next mods will probably upgrade the lighting system, or exhaust. But I also need to put about $600 dollars worth of love into my 300xcw and I just had a new baby about 3 days ago.

As far as gear goes, I got a Joe Rocket jacket for christmas, icon 29er gloves, some joe rocket pants via gots_a_sol and the pay it forward thread, and my dirtbike helmet that I threw on some custom reflective tape for visibility.

So...what do you guys think?

·
Registered
196 Posts
real nice, get yourself some stickers to put on the fork guards and do the skateboard wheel sliders ;):bannana:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice start on the bike , but dude your super man how are going to college and managing to support 2 children and a wife at age 20?:hmmm:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Nice start on the bike , but dude your super man how are going to college and managing to support 2 children and a wife at age 20?:hmmm:

Seriously man props!!! i'm gonna be 21 here in a couple months and i can barely support myself and my motarded habbit. let alone 3 other people and go to college/work. :clap::clap::clap:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like to work and I have a good job. I also have many scholarships since I'm pretty smart and also lots of money in mining.

Thanks!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Bike looks like fun. I got dual sport tires on my stock 406 dirt rims and I can ride that bike hard in the streets, it actually corner very well, but the best part is I can turn down any dirt road and still raise hell as they were like a 20/80 tire. Wicked fun times:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts